alexi laiho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexi laiho

hey guys, i was wondreing, what alexi used to record something wild / hatebreeder ?
    can i get close to that sound with a Mesa 295 preamp without the lee jackson perfect conect ?

thx in advance guys

! Spart-xAnusx !

Re: alexi laiho

he was using a 5150 on something wild.
    not sure about hatebreeder... dunno if anything changed there...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I duuno what he uses in the studio ...but his rectos ..sure sucked ass live ...that's for sure ...Loomis told me he tried to play then for the first night of the tour anf were completely unusuable...I had one of those mushy , fuzzy pieces of crap ...I strongly agree..

I know that alexi told me he uses Lee Jackson stuff to record the Hate Creww Death Roll. ...that album sounds pretty damn good ...I had a couple of ampeg lee jackson heads a few years back ,,,they sounded pretty decent ...but very midrangy..

Jeff loomis Pod stuff crushed the rectos live ...thru the same Cabs , mikes , soundman ....so there is no excuses there..and believe me I'm not a fan of Pods either ...

I'm an Uberschall man thru and thru!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

bah, to many shitty keyboards on the new one !!! i don't like the new album, i dunno why but it doesn't sound children of bodom to me !!! something wild and hatevreeder are the top of the class though !!!

is it possible to get a soundlike his from a mesa 295 ??? becuase i can get a good deal on that + pay 400 € extra for a fromula till i can get something better..... i can resell the fromula here in europe for more than 500 € i was thinking about a engl 530 preamp !!!

thx again in advance

Comment

ummm hatebreeder has more keyboards than hatecrew. quite a bit more actually. I love keyboards! woohooo...wish I could afford a korg triton....I would be all over that shit.

Comment

I don't care a whole lot for the new album, sounds sorta watered down.

Angels Don't Kill is a badass song though.

Comment

I really enjoy the Hatecrew album, but I don't listen to the older ones that much. "Needled 24/7" is just a killer song.

Comment

I believe back then (Hatebreeder) he was using some sort of a Marshall rig. Have no info more specific than that though.

Comment

I once heared he plays with an Engl Powerball. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. His sound is pretty brutal, so it can be true. The last time I was able to use a powerball it sounded as brutal as Alexis sound.

Harrald

Comment

I dont think the powerball was out back then. He did use ENGL's though. I think the 530 preamp??
                    Hooray for bodom. But also check out the band Kalmah if you havent already. These guys are awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                      I duuno what he uses in the studio ...but his rectos ..sure sucked ass live ...that's for sure ...Loomis told me he tried to play then for the first night of the tour anf were completely unusuable...I had one of those mushy , fuzzy pieces of crap ...I strongly agree..

I know that alexi told me he uses Lee Jackson stuff to record the Hate Creww Death Roll. ...that album sounds pretty damn good ...I had a couple of ampeg lee jackson heads a few years back ,,,they sounded pretty decent ...but very midrangy..

Jeff loomis Pod stuff crushed the rectos live ...thru the same Cabs , mikes , soundman ....so there is no excuses there..and believe me I'm not a fan of Pods either ...

I'm an Uberschall man thru and thru!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">those weren't his they were hypocrisy's or rentals [the mesas]//Steve

Comment

yeah, what darkknight said!!
                        heroes to us!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Steve ...really...I wonder what they use live...I always thougt they used rectos..

I know Jeff had to bring his own gear..He couldn't make do with those I guess.

By the way ..I'm going to buy another Uber ...I think I want to run two of them!!!!!

in stereo [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The Guys said they would haul it around for me .....well OK then..if they insist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                            Steve ...really...I wonder what they use live...I always thougt they used rectos..

I know Jeff had to bring his own gear..He couldn't make do with those I guess.

By the way ..I'm going to buy another Uber ...I think I want to run two of them!!!!!

in stereo [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The Guys said they would haul it around for me .....well OK then..if they insist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">your nuts man ! how much does one of those cost ya ? but yeah hypocrisy is big on rectos so I just figured it was theirs or rentals , lottsa time coming from over seas rentals are eazyer . my buddys toured germany and europe [and got stuck there with no cash [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ] for like 9 months and his guitar gear rack and guitars cost like 500 bucks to ship and it almost got lost as well coming back , so it's not really worth it to bring shit over seas in less you have to .//Steve

Comment

I like Hypocrisy... Always did ...

Eveytime I hear a Swedish band playing those rectos ...I think they sound garbled and fuzzy..

I don't mind the 5150 tones that I've heard live ...definitely a better suited head for that dtyle..

My Uber is a bit of Both ...but wayyyyyyy better..

They don't make another head in the world with this much usable gain ...none. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

...I want another one.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X