Dimebag Darrell's pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag Darrell's pickup

Settle a bet - Dime uses a Dimebucker in the bridge (from what I've seen and heard). What's in the neck? I posted this question on another forum and nobody had a clue.

Re: Dimebag Darrell\'s pickup

I believe it is/was a Seymour Duncan '59.

Comment

my friend has a dime in the bridge of his usa dinky.....

man great artificial harmonics.....but lacks the warmpth and tone......kinda like an EMG....but ...yeah kinda like an EMG...

i thought he used a bill lawerance(s/p??)

in the neck....
      i might be wrong though

Comment

This is what I read. The Seymour Duncan Dimebucker he currently uses was based on his best Bill Lawrence pickups developed to meet his high demands. *shrug*

Comment

Darrel uses the Dimebucker and the 59 in the neck. He wanted to use pups from the same manufacturer so he asked Seymour do a virtually identical copy to his Bill Lawrance 500XL.
          So thats what's in his guitars now.
          however he may not have changed out all his guitars to the dimebucker. So if you see one with a cream pup in the bridge its the lawrance and the black is the duncan.
          Gil

Comment

In the Cowboys from Hell video..his neck pick up in his Dean, is a Bill Lawrence XL-500 or something very similar to his bridge pickup. I also heard he used a Dimarzio Super Distorion in one of his guitars.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Wouldn't the 59/Dimebucker combo be way unbalanced in output?

Comment

Maybe, but you could compensate for that by raising the 59 a little bit higher than you would normally have a neck pickup.

I've never played a Dimebucker, but the 500xl isn't *that* hot, in my opinion, certainly not like an EMG-81. I would rate it in 'hotness' about like a Duncan Distortion--which works very well with a 59.

But then, I guess a 500xl would seem pretty hot to some old fart playing his PRS or something... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah. I've read someplace that the Dime and the 500XL were examples of mega-output humbuckers. An EMG-81 isn't really that hot, not like an X2N for instance.

Comment

It's funny [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] my Washburn USA made Dimebag model came stock with a zebra neck model Duncan Distortion in the neck position!
                    BTW it's for sale if any one is interested!

Comment

Thanks for the input!

Comment

I thought Darrell's pickup was a Chevy??? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Think it has a rifle rack?

Comment

Yeah, and a big Confederate Flag flappin' in the wind.

Freakin' hillbillies...

Comment

There might be a couple differant versions. Bt when I was at MR we had a few USA and korean made Dime sigature models. I pulled the pups ot od them an looke they were the 500xl and a 59 Go figure.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X