Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carcass' gear

What did these guys use?

I finally got Heartwork a couple days ago. One of the best CDs in my collection [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] .

Re: Carcass\' gear

Don't know for sure, but I know Mike Amott(sp?) formerly of Carcass plays ESP Vs and 5150s nowadays in Arch Enemy...

Comment

During Heartwork they both had Ibeen's. Looked like stock pups. Not sure on the amp's but I thought they were using the 5150 then too.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

On the DVD there's a stack of Marshall cabs behind em, but no clue on what rack/head they used.

Comment

dude, I loove Carcass!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I remember when I was twelve, seeing the "incarnated solvent abuse" video for the first time on headbanger's ball (back when MTV didn't suck), man did it rip!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

anyway, I'm not really certain as to what gear they used other than Ibanez and Marshall like already mentioned. In the ISA video amott plays a red Ibanez RG with maple fretboard, probably a 550.
          I love the heavy riffs combined with the breaks and sometimes beaauuutiful harmonies you would not normally associate with such heavy riffage! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

just listen to heartwork, and then put on "bury me an angel" by the arch enemy, you can really hear where their sound developed from, even though I believe Bill Steer did most of the song writing in Carcass.

I love the 3 first albums by Arch Enemy for the same reasons I dig Carcass, but with that new singer I think it all went to shit!!
          Just listen to burning bridges, "silverwing" and "dead inside"...two of the best metal songs EVER imho...
          I saw them when they opened for Maiden this past summer and it was decent, but I don't like their new stuff or the german chick. Anyway...enough of this ranting! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

let's hope for a Carcass re-union, and a dozen farewell tours [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

My good friend, Mike Hickey was in Carcass back in the early to mid 90's! I know that he had an Ibanez endorsement for a while and he even had a signature model the 'MH Custom'. Mike has also used the 5150 head since they first came out. He has two of the EVH block logo heads and Marshall cabs. Very sparse if any effects, but his tone kills. He also has an extreme love of gold top Les Pauls. I am going to see him on Monday if you guys had any specific questions that you wanted me to ask him?

ps. here's a link to some more MH/Carcass info:
            http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...mikehickey.htm

Comment

Old Carcass is the best- Reek & Symphonies. Steer used a 100 watt Marshall (then a 5150 later) with a Marshall (Guvnor or whatever it's called) in front. In the studio I remember hearing he used 2 amps going at the same time for each guitar track-a 100 watt Marshall (then a 5150 later) and a solid state Marshall to get that tone in the studio. He used Ibanez back then too.

Comment

Working...
              X