Contraband
    Gamma
    Head East
    Max Webster
    Storm
    Tall Stories
    Tubes
    West,Bruce & Lang (showing my age there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I plug T-Ride & UK w/ Holdsworth too.

Comment

Re: The Forgotten Bands

I's cool to hear that some of these bands are still around. It's also nice to hear that I'm not the only Crimson Glory fan! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Here are a few rockers I missed on my first roundup:

Accept
      Keel
      King's X
      MOD
      Raven
      Riverdogs
      Rough Cutt - great singer
      Sea Hags
      Steeler - Ron Keel & Yngwie - a dynamic duo
      Testament

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong:
        I was goin thru some of my old "n" dusty cds and i stumper on some Warrent and White Lion Cds.

It seems like these two 80s bands are almost forgotten by people. Is it because they don't have any SUPER guitarist or singers?

And i'm sure there are alot more forgotten bands like these two bands.

So list the 80s bands that you reckon are good yet forgotten by the public.

Cham
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it's because they made lightweight, disposable music for the most part, although Vitto had a few cool moments. It was quite pathetic to see Warrant making the rounds in dive bars in the mid '90s. Their singer even cut his hair short to show they had "matured" 90s, perhaps? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Vito Bratta is a legendary guitarist IMO, what is he doing these days?

Mike Tramp played Sydney Australia recently, he lives in Tasmania (an island at the bottom of Australia).

the most under-rated guitarist is Chris Oliva of Savatage, give him a listen.

s

Comment

I love TNT but I have to say Ronnie Le Tekro's shredding on 'The Knights of The New Thunder' was very sloppy.

s

Comment

and don't forget

LEATHERWOLF
              RATT
              BLUE MURDER
              DON DOKKEN (FIRST SOLO ALBUM)
              GRIM REAPER
              HELLSTAR
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Lillian Axe
                Cinderella
                Angel
                Hurricane
                Tuff
                Vain
                Winger
                & too many to name, but one of the best in my humble opinion is the one at the top & bottom, Lillian Axe & Winger. Oh & not to forget Lynch Mob.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenslr:
                  Chris Oliva of Savatage
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Criss Oliva

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is the mighty RacerX slipping? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Helstar! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Antbody here remeber Tiketto, good singer their music was good but the lyrics always had something to them.Good solid 80's Band.
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Someone finally mentioned Accept (great band), How about Mr. Ronnie James Dio, I saw him around '83, they absolutly ripped, Vivian Campbell on guitar I think. Winger was kinda bubblegum, but I sure like some of Reb Beach's riffs, really fun songs. There are so many bands from the 80's that had such fun high energy music, alot of that stuff I play for poeple who are unfamiliar or have forgotten it seem to enjoy hearing it, reminds me of a time when dancefloors were packed with hot chicks dancing in front of dudes playing air-guitar [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X