Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: evanesance

Originally posted by horns666:
    This maybe true ...but I can still be able to throw her over my knee and give her a spankin'.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cham

Comment

If you want to know about a band with female operatic vocals and grim male vocals instead of faggy nu metal vocals check out Lycanthia.

http://www.lycanthia.f2s.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lycanthia/

Comment

Originally posted by stephenslr:
        If you want to know about a band with female operatic vocals and grim male vocals instead of faggy nu metal vocals check out Lycanthia.

http://www.lycanthia.f2s.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lycanthia/

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stephen, if you keep promoting your band, the admins will start chargein you for ad fee. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cham

Comment

charging
          [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            charging
            [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahahaah [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cham

Comment

I like evanescence.
              I liked their latest album, I liked them live, and I'm looking forward to new material. what they played live sounded quite good IMO...
              some accustic duets going on there, I'm curious.

what I don't like about evanescence is this image thing they got.
              they behaved like the big stars themselves in rock am ring last year and nobody did actually know them in these days...
              nothing but a one hit wonder and nothing else ever heard...

their image suggests me they feel like superstars only.
              did you have a look at the vid to going under?
              the whole band stressed and fucked up coz of the pressure, and the reporters buggin them, and the the fans like monstrous vampire-beast-whatever...
              I was almoust insulted by this. how can they do a video like that?
              why don't they show they have fun on tour like any other bands or at least show that they like getting tons of cash and buy some bitches to stare on for the pool like all those pseudo-gangsters do on mtv?
              would have been better...

and do you get their newsletter?
              if not, subscribe!! those are fun to read!!
              hello evanescence-fans all over the world, be one of the first lucky ones to take a listen to the bands new version of my immortal on our website!!
              for free!!!!

I laughed my ass off reading stuff like this...
              a band recorded a new version of one of their older songs... wow... it's not like jesus made me hear better again or so...

they should get less commercial and start doing what they want instead.
              get rid of those bravo-superstar-image and get themselves some real fans instead.

did you know "my tourniquet" is a cover version?
              soul embraced or so did the original. DL this one and you might get an idea of what is going on in the bands heads...
              I didn't expect them to even know stuff like this and I was surprised it was a cover. so the influences are probably there...

evanescence did some great songs, but the developement is nothing but sad.
              one of those bands I don't like to like... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

>Stephen, if you keep promoting your band, the admins will start charging you for ad fee.

Both of us are playing Jacksons after all, I have to convince Lee to get a Jackson bass.

s

Comment

>they should get less commercial and start doing what they want instead.

how do you know it is not what they want?

Also regarding videos, it is sometimes not up to the band what gets done, some record companies have strict contracts where the artists do not have total artistic control (including control over the music they write).

did you know the singer and a male member of the band met in church choir, the dude gets really pissed off if you mention them being a Christian band.

I recently discovered Creed were a Christian band and when I listened to the lyrics, they do sing about Jesus and religion but it is very well disguised. I haven't heard much Evanescence, is it the same?

Comment

Also regarding videos, it is sometimes not up to the band what gets done, some record companies have strict contracts where the artists do not have total artistic control (including control over the music they write).

did you know the singer and a male member of the band met in church choir, the dude gets really pissed off if you mention them being a Christian band.

I recently discovered Creed were a Christian band and when I listened to the lyrics, they do sing about Jesus and religion but it is very well disguised. I haven't heard much Evanescence, is it the same?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">she said she was a christain on much music , came right out and said it when they asked her //Steve

Comment

"did you know "my tourniquet" is a cover version?
                      soul embraced or so did the original. DL this one and you might get an idea of what is going on in the bands heads..."
                      never quoted my own posts actually... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just pointed out the video sucks. don't care who's to blame for...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">my keyboarder and my guitar-player-singer both are in a christian choir, and I even played guitar for this choir once. no problem there....

I don't get what the deal with a christian band should be anyway...

Comment

Most people hear "Christian" and envision
                        the pushy Phariseean types who harass people on the streets. People need to realize that in ANY group of people there
                        are good folks, and assholes. Our own peer group, metal musicians, has more than its share of assholes, but it doesn't mean we're ALL assholes.

Evanescence is signed to Wind-Up, the same label as Creed. The label pushed the Christian angle because there are millions of young Christians wanting good
                        rock music to buy. he duet with the rap guy from 12 Stone was the label's call too. Don't think because they had one big hit and went platinum that they can call their own shots, though I do think
                        the music itself is mostly what they want
                        it to be.

I stil wonder why Ben Moody quit in the middle of the European tour?

Anyway, for you Lacuna Coil fans - Evanescence isn't stealing their spot in the US charts - they're stealing the spot of a Jessica Simpson or a Mandy Moore.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Extol is a christian band and they RULE!!!

and I'm the devil himself... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

actually they're a lot of great Christian metal bands ...tons..!!!

too much to list really!!!

Anneke from the Gathering is my favorite female singer.. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've been listening to The Gathering all day. Picked up a bootleg of their show at the Bizarre Festival 19/8/00 (whoops! 8/19/00. I know the conversion can be difficult for our American JCFers [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) a little while ago, so I brought the CD into work today to "broaden the musical horizons" of my workmates [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah I turned a lot of "regular" people onto them to...they all liked it for the most part..

you know these are the same people who are happy to hear anything on the radio..You could tell music is just background noise to them..they could care less..

You know ...the very boring , kinda gay , career oriented , all serious kinda folk [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                                Most people hear "Christian" and envision
                                the pushy Phariseean types who harass people on the streets. People need to realize that in ANY group of people there
                                are good folks, and assholes. Our own peer group, metal musicians, has more than its share of assholes, but it doesn't mean we're ALL assholes.

Evanescence is signed to Wind-Up, the same label as Creed. The label pushed the Christian angle because there are millions of young Christians wanting good
                                rock music to buy. he duet with the rap guy from 12 Stone was the label's call too. Don't think because they had one big hit and went platinum that they can call their own shots, though I do think
                                the music itself is mostly what they want
                                it to be.

I stil wonder why Ben Moody quit in the middle of the European tour?

Anyway, for you Lacuna Coil fans - Evanescence isn't stealing their spot in the US charts - they're stealing the spot of a Jessica Simpson or a Mandy Moore.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you wanna tell me there are really people out there who are THAT christian that they wouldn't listen to anything else before they ensured it's whritten by another christian?!?
                                wow....

make your own problems if you can't find any... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X