Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: evanesance

Originally posted by horns666:
    Torniquet is great ...got all their goodies ...but their last one with Marty on a tune is their worst one ... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah forsure ! stop the bleeding is my fave and it still sounds good to this day and I liked the snd one as well with a dogs breakfast on it ? thoese were classic's , to bad most don't remember em . //Steve

Comment

Stop the Bleeding is friggin' awesome!!!

I have one and just bought another copy for my singer....
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I seen Tourniquet on tour with Deliverance (another great christian metal band!!) in the early '90s and both groups kicked ass!!

Comment

Yes ...They was released a 2 on i deliverance disc including..S/t and Weapons of our Warfare ...I just picked it up ....great stuff

Like I daid there is sooooo many Christian metal bands that are awesome ...Believer is another one...Vengeance ..Mortification ....

Great God Metal....

OH BTW my singer is from Antithesis ...another Christian Progressive metal band from cleveland ...That's my singer Ty [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

and no I'm not in a cristian metal band... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

this is one of the things I like best over here: Christian bands are not easily put aside, especially the metal ones and are considered to be cool as well. That is something you will never find here in Holland. If a metal band makes Christian music, they are never ever in the picture of non christians. over here in "aardschok" the metal magazine, they got the comment: finally a christian band that doesn't make shitty music, talking about an biassed way of judging music.

rock on guys [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Unfortunately that's a backlash from 30
              years ago when metal developed, and many
              churches said it was all Satanic evil.
              Metalheads grew to hate Christians because of bigmouth Pharisees denouncing the music they loved.

I guess Stryper coming out early and being a good band, as well as a Christian
              band, USA metalheads became a bit more accepting of Christian metal some 20 years ago, and have continued to today because our metal scene in general sucks more, we can't afford to dismiss any good bands, you know?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My singer Ty came from a Christian Prog/Power metal band ..Antithesis....I think their site is Antithesismusic.com...check it out ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

He sounds better with our band ...Bed Of Nails ...and NO we are not a Christian band [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
                  what are some good christian metal bands? (besides evanescence now... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

I got curious and wanna have a look what that looks like... a christian band...
                  NOT a band of christians. I think I got that difference...

I usually tend to not give a phuk about the lyrics if the musi kicks A$$ enough... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  just wanna see what the christian version of good metal looks like.
                  thx!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everyone here has totally overlooked one of the best Christian metal bands ever (IMO) LIVING SACRIFICE

They weren't afraid to sound like a death metal band while keeping the whole "Christian thing" intact. And as a matter of fact...for those who DON'T know it...Rocky Gray...who is drumming for Evanesence used to play guitar in LS (before they folded about a year or 2 ago)

As a reference...check out these two discs:
                  Conceived In Fire and The Hammering Process
                  Brilliant stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
                    what are some good christian metal bands?
                    ... just wanna see what the christian version of good metal looks like.
                    thx!!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here are some great Christian metal bands that play classic metal: Barren Cross, King James, Whitecross, Holy Soldier and Narnia. If you like Malmsteen type metal but with a decent hook, check out Narnia. The guitarist is unbelievable.

Comment

I've seen Barren Cross and WhiteCross live. They put on a good show.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

evanesanse seems like a watered down nightwish/lacuna coil wannabe.

Comment

Neither of those bands has sold 9 million
                          records in their whole career, but Evanescence has done that with their first record.

One more time: Amy admits she's influenced by Lacuna Coil, and probably
                          never heard of Nightwish, just like most
                          people. I don't notice anyone bitching about Alexi Laiho or Paul Gilbert being
                          Yngwie wannabes just because they copied
                          major parts of a style he invented. What's the difference?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

the only evenescense sogn I lik eis My Immortal..that's a powerful little ditty. otehr than that...yeh I"ll take Lacuna Coil.

an dI'll take laiho over malmsteen. why? I have no reason really. but here I'll come up with a lame one....

Alexi says fuck alot more.

Smetana owns all of them. sure...h'es been dead for 100 years...big DEAL. listen to The Moldau and you'll know what' up.

Comment

gotta remember that most of the world dont listin to a song and say i can hear all the mistakes/the guitar player suz and cant play/or some shit like that.
                              most everyone i know that plays an instrument is forgetting to just listen to it and take it for what it is...music.
                              when i put via or malm or anything techinal in the cd player my wife dont like it(she never heard of these players before i started playing guitar and i heard of them but never listened to them)now that i have an understanding of what they do i like it wife still dont.
                              point is go back and listen to it from a non critical point of veiw.
                              as for the goin under video, i like the song and the video. i am sure its not all fun and partys on tour and they show a little of this.
                              as for religion in general if ya wanna have a private discussion on that topic find me and i will be happy to make you think and make you hate me lol
                              am i rambleing yet....sorry i have not had sleep yet ....

Comment

Most Lacuna Coil fans that hate Evanescence seem to think that they're stealing LCs limelight somehow. Well LC has been around for years and has never broken into the US record sales-wise, and are probably getting MORE sales here with
                                Amy Lee citing Cristina as an influence. Cristina was finally able to give up her TWO day jobs AFTER Evanescence broke big over here; maybe LC's sales and live gigs are picking up because of Amy Lee, guys!

Alexi over Yngwie? Well, he's faster, cleaner and writes better songs, very true. He's also walking a very well-worn trail that was a barely-visible track left by Uli Roth when Yngwie came upon it 20+ years ago and put up streetlights. It's easier to refine than to invent, and in the rock genre, Yngwie invented the neoclassical style. Blackmore, though I love him, was only a dabbler in classical motifs, really. Jon Lord was really doing a lot more classically themed stuff than Ritchie in Purple, but he was stuck behind his setup, while Ritchie was in your face.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X