Jake-E-Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake-E-Lee

I have been on a Jake kick lately brushing up on his Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin stuff. Jake... if your listening... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I love your attack and your style. Very aggressive. I especially like the harmonic beginning in Shot in the Dark and the ending guitar solo in Bark at the Moon. Good stuff bro.. I think I would have been equally a good choice to replace Randy but since you got the job I gotta give you props. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jake-E-Lee

Listen to "Silver Horses" from Badlands' Voodoo Highway album........actually listen to the whole damn album! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jake E. Lee... best damn guitarist Ozzy ever had! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
        Listen to "Silver Horses" from Badlands' Voodoo Highway album........actually listen to the whole damn album! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just listened to that album today also!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I never get tired of it!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        I love Jake's guitar sound on both the Badlands albums! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          Jake E. Lee... best damn guitarist Ozzy ever had! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am such a fan of Randy that it is pretty hard to say I agree with you.... but I will.
          Jake-E-Lee has got it all.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am such a fan of Randy that it is pretty hard to say I agree with you.... but I will.
            Jake-E-Lee has got it all.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah...Randy was the best player ever to play with Ozzy in my book too

I think Jake did a great job on the Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin albums. My only complaint is I think they buried his solo work a little bit too far in the mix...I also don't care too much for his tone on those two but he is playing his ass off...great player. What is he up to these days?
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Your right. He is a little back in the mix. He used a phase shifter alot in both of those records which is probably the cause. His playing on both is killer though. His playing reminds me alot of Vivians work in Dio's Last in Line. Very agressive with lots of heavy handed picking. I haven't a clue what he is doing.

Comment

Sorry Toe Jam Randy Rule's [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] and I think Jake sux's [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (just kidding)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Badlands is fantastic,Jade's Song in particlar,and Hard Driver show's Jake at his best [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I know I'm probably gonna piss in somebody's Wheaties about this.

Jake is an incredible guitarist, he stepped up to the plate in a tough situation....replacing a guitar god....

Nothing against Jake.....he was flashy, flamboyant, and had a great presence. His work on Bark at the Moon and the Ultimate Sin were 80's staples for budding shredders.

But....saying he is better than Rhoads?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Randy was THE pioneer for modern guitarists...he was so far beyond his time it isn't even funny. He was so technically proficient and had a thourough understanding of classical and theory that he brought to mainstreem metal.

Randy's loss is truly a shame.

Comment

I have to agree with LesPaulCustom Randy is by far the best guitarist ozzy has had.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I thought Randy was great, but when words like "ground breaking" and "ahead of his time" are bandied about, I think of Hendrix and Randy wasn't in the same building as Jimi.

Probably my bias showing but though I respect Randy, Jake made me wanna grab the guitar.

Comment

I've always thought Randy was great and I had a lot of respect for him, but Jake was better, IMO. At least Chuck and John and Shawn agree with me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guy to listen too whe Randy first came on the scene was Rick Derringer. I used to see him live all the time. He was doing everything that Randy and Eddy were doing. EVERYTHING. I respected Randy's playing when he was alive but I never considered him ground breaking although if he had lived longer I am sure he would have changed the face of metal. He was very progressive. I am pretty sure he wouldn't have stayed in metal though. He was really into classical music at the end of his life.

Comment

The thing about Randy was, he had a very unique sound and style. It is in the same vein (originality that is) as Hendrix, Eddie, The beatles, etc..... Jake, as much as I love him, did not. Nor does he have this type of talent. Don,t get me wrong, I think he absolutley rocks his ass off. But by the time Jake came to be a famous player, he was a dime a dozen. Hendrix to me for the most part was extremely sloppy. His big claim to fame is his hooks. Eddie was very aggressive and cleaner than Hendrix. Randy was clean, aggressive, and Melodic. Now we are all still waiting for the next evalution. Nobody has ever sounded even close to what Randy did on the guitar. I don't think anyone else can. That's what being an original is about. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

Chuckster we're showing our age here,Hendrix=groundbreaking!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Working...
                              X