OK GUYS ....NO GRIEF....:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK GUYS ....NO GRIEF....:)

My fiancee has had enough since i bought my iommi sig sg and shes asked me to find out what signature models are available from female guitarists...um i can think of bonnie raitts fender and ethridges ovaition....are there any more.....throw me a rope here [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] hope you are all having a great holiday and thanks in advance

Re: OK GUYS ....NO GRIEF....

I think Michelle Branch might have a sig acoustic Takamine??? maybe The blue one?? I know Lita Ford did BC Rich ads back in the 80's.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Off the top of my head, I know Sheryl Crow has a Gibson Acoustic and Jewel has a Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth:
        Off the top of my head, I know Sheryl Crow has a Gibson Acoustic.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's "Mrs. Sully" to you, sir. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

haha, Michelle's takamine huh...I always thought it was a taylor...she rocks with a hummingbird now too...

what are the specs on that raitt strat anyways? just for fun? I saw it Once online, the next day fender took it down...

Comment

raitts stats....alder body..c shape maple neck with rosewood 9.5 radius....width 1.57 at nut...large 60s headstock...22 fret and ummmmmm my fiancee says its a pretty blue [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Washburn made a Jennifer Batten signature model. Zion was doing one for someone - I forget who though.

Then there's the Tom Delonge Strat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Rudy Sarzo had a few sig models [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Ummmm lessee - Joan Baez had a signature acoustic, but she found out it was a man-pig marketing ploy and pulled the plug (I guess that really happened, I don't know for sure, but it sounds possible [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Ummm....The SG was actually designed for Mary Ford because the LP was too heavy for her, though it was not officially designated a Mary Ford (I guess "Hey, have you seen the M.F.?" was not as acceptable as "Hey, have you seen the L.P.?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mary Kay (cosmetics industry diva) had a signature color for Fender - don't know if she was a plucker or not [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ummmmm...Not many famous female geetarists, were there? Maybe they found something girls can't do better than boys? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Along with writing their names in the snow [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't think she had a sig model, but the lead guitarist from The Bangles used to feature in Carvin ads back in the day. Can't remember her name right now, but man, I loved that ad!

What's that Japanese manufacturer folks around here were getting excited about a little while ago? Matthias IA Eklundh has a sig model with them. Ah, just found it. Caparison guitars have a couple of females, some with sig models, on their endorsers list
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Michelle Branch is known for playing Taylor 614ce guitars even though she has what seems like an arsenal of different guitars, but she definitely doesn't have a signature model yet. I thought I remembered seeing a Jewel signature Taylor somewhere, but I just checked Taylor's site and there's no mention of it.

But the female guitar that instantly comes to mind is the Mary Kay Fender Stratocaster, as Newc already said.

The vagina rock band Kittie also has signature ESP guitars and basses... or are they just on the endorsements list? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                      I don't think she had a sig model, but the lead guitarist from The Bangles used to feature in Carvin ads back in the day. Can't remember her name right now, but man, I loved that ad!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vicki Peterson
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

or was it sexy Susanna Hoffs? She played guitar also...

http://www.popentertainment.com/thebangles.htm
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I knew someone would say that! He has $3000 Gibson signature now. I doubt the kids that like his music can afford his guitar now.
                          http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...Signature.html

Also, ESP Japan seems to have some signature models for female guitarists...
                          http://www.espguitars.net/artist/2004/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hippietim:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I knew someone would say that! He has $3000 Gibson signature now. I doubt the kids that like his music can afford his guitar now.
                            http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...Signature.html
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah but my guess is that there soon will be a Epiphone version out. You are right all those kiddies who believe in this "bullshit artist signature "i can sound like my hero cause i play the same brand as him/her" marketing" can't afford the gibson model.
                            After all gibson wants to make money with signing him so making only a true gibson version available wouldn't be wise.

Flo
                            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

well thanks guys awesome amount of great ideas as always. she couldnt believe how fast you responded(i of course had faith [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )she says she will check out all the info on the web. ive been wild with guitar purchases lately and so shes giving me some friendly grief she has a js2000 now.and i told her to just pick up my soloist and play it when she wants but.....idunno maybe its a girlpower thing lmao [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] anyway thanks from us both and happy holidays

Comment

Working...
                              X