Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK GUYS ....NO GRIEF....

Originally posted by iced_earth:
    Off the top of my head, I know Sheryl Crow has a Gibson Acoustic and Jewel has a Taylor.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jewel [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

God almighty, that Tom Delonge thing is hideous. Not only would you have to have plenty of cash to buy it, you'd have to be devoid of good taste too.

Comment

Liz Phair plays a Fender Mustang; not a sig model but tha's usually what she has.
        Great if your gf has small hands due to the short scale, but the trem sucks. She might get a Fender Cyclone if she likes the Mustang's looks; it's also short-scale, but has a humbucker at the bridge and a Strat-style trem.
        Our own Annah plays a Rhoads, and it looks damn good on her! Just a thought.

Other than that, if she doesn't already
        have a female guitarist role model, just
        let her shop and find one she likes, no
        need to consider if it's a female's sig.
        Maybe she can strive to get her own sig
        one day.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          or was it sexy Susanna Hoffs? She played guitar also...

http://www.popentertainment.com/thebangles.htm
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it was sexy Vicki who played a pink DC125 with V headstock! Yeah, baby!!!
          I think Susannah Hoffs played a Rickenbacker at least some of the time.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            I think Susannah Hoffs played a Rickenbacker at least some of the time.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep, rickenbacker even made a 350 signature model for her bout 15 or so years ago

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/mccorp/hoffscloseup.html

Comment

I always get the two Wilson sisters confused, but didn't the one have a signature model from Dean? Or was she just endorsing?

Comment

Nancy the blond, played dean, i don't know if she had a sig model.

Originally posted by RR_1525:
                I always get the two Wilson sisters confused, but didn't the one have a signature model from Dean? Or was she just endorsing?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                  Nancy the blond, played dean, i don't know if she had a sig model.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RR_1525:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't Nancy use Washburn Wing series guitars at one point?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    Mary Kay (cosmetics industry diva) had a signature color for Fender - don't know if she was a plucker or not [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mary Kay was not the cosmetics Mary Kay. She was a player in the 50's. (Country?) And she never played a white/gold hardware guitar... she just posed with one in a Fender catalog and folks just started calling them Mark Kay Strats.

Comment

Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles had a signature PowerPuff model at one time..........

Comment

oh yes!

Spaceace, get her a sig. Powerpuff Girl Daisy rock!!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          Liz Phair plays a Fender Mustang; not a sig model but tha's usually what she has.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was under the impression that Liz Phair plays a Fender Duo-Sonic, but I could be entirely wrong. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I somehow remember a jennifer batten washburn with a midi pickup...

Comment

It looks like Tom Delong is trying to rip off Tim Armstrong's guitars now instead of Eddie Van Halen's eh...Brody Dalle from the Distillers has a Maton guitar that isn't on their website, I imagine its custom, Jennifer Batten had that Washburn a few years ago when she started playing in Jeff Beck's band too. BTW my mom loves Bonnie Raitt and my dad told me that when they saw her two years ago that she switched guitars on almost every song.

Comment

A telecaster would probably be a good guitar for your girlfriend. Put a stacked pickup, with a coil tap in the bridge, and start jamming. The necks are so thin, and easy to play. An SG would be good to. Angus Young is like 3' tall. He's a little man, and he has no problems with the SG's.They are not very heavy either.
                                1990 Jackson Professional
                                1992 Dean ML
                                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                                2005 Epiphone Dot
                                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                                2006 Fender P Bass
                                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                                Custom Pedalboard