News from the Iced Earth camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
    Thanks guys, I played most of the solos on BSAS and wrote about half the material. Oli and I did all the harmony stuff together. I was in ATR for over 3 years. Phil and I played the guitar for the first demo and Oli came in a little later. I knew Oli in the 90's when we were in different bands. Like many members since me, I didn't get along too well with Phil. I have never been paid a cent from that record, I heard the band sold the first record back to the label to finance the second record, I never got a dime. I don't want to get into it too much, I'll let God judge this one.
    Awesome, I dig the playing on that record, so good work man! Sorry to hear that you've not seen a dime.

Are you working on anything now band-wise?

Comment

I did a short lived band called Trophyboy after ATR, I am playing in a local cover band now to keep my chops up. I plan to start an original band soon, I always need time to recharge my creative batteries so to speak. Thanks for the kind words!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thanks guys, I played most of the solos on BSAS and wrote about half the material. Oli and I did all the harmony stuff together. I was in ATR for over 3 years. Phil and I played the guitar for the first demo and Oli came in a little later. I knew Oli in the 90's when we were in different bands. Like many members since me, I didn't get along too well with Phil. I have never been paid a cent from that record, I heard the band sold the first record back to the label to finance the second record, I never got a dime. I don't want to get into it too much, I'll let God judge this one.
        Dude you were in ATR..sweet..too bad about the money bro..shit!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's crazy, like mentioned before, that really sucks the big one about the money, I guess it's true when they say people get really fuckin' greedy sometimes. Sucks about Phil though... I hear he isn't too much of a stellar vocalist on stage...

EDIT: Sorry for really jacking this thread
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

From what I hear I am not the only one he has ripped off. Phil is about Phil.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I cant wait for this album. While a love Barlow's stuff, I think Ripper is just fucking amazing. Simply my FAVORITE vocalist of today, aside from Dio of course. Everything about his voice to me is perfect, and fits with IE like a glove.

As for the Glorious Burden... IMHO one of the best albums EVER written. The feel, emotion and entire "topic" of the album is, IMHO, the picture of perfection. If I had to choose one complete album as my favorite, it would be Glorious Burden without a doubt.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
              X