Stryper-What Amps Did They Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryper-What Amps Did They Use?

I think I remember them giving credit to Mesa on one of their album sleeves, but on the "Live in Japan" video, Oz Fox has a bunch of Marshall heads on the side of the stage.

The tones from he and Michael Sweet on Soldiers Under Command and To Hell With the Devil are just top notch.

Re: Stryper-What Amps Did They Use?

I always thought they had great tone too. Very similar IMO to Dimebag's tone. Scooped but really cutting thru.

Comment

Hey Fritzreiser, Do you have that Live in Japan Video? If so, is there any way I could get a copy from you? I have been looking for that for a while now.

[email protected]
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

From what I remember, they were long-standing Mesa Boogie endorsers.

Comment

Mk IIIs, I think.

Pete

Comment

Crap dude...in the spring I stumbled onto a webpage where Michael Sweet went into great detail about what gear he used for every album and tour. I think he stayed pretty consistant with plugging into a Furman PQ3, then into a Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+ with a Variac. I'll see if I can't find that page...he event told what settings he used!!

Comment

Sorry it was Oz Fox...here's the link...

http://www.sindizzy.com/ozgrind.htm

Comment

Great Link, Boxcar! Thanks very much.

Comment

No prob...if you push the "Back" link at the bottom of the page, there's another link you can follow that has pics of what Oz is currently using for touring. Really not too different from what he used to!

Comment

Oz has used mostly Mesa some Saldano: I think it was a Slo 100. Also soem Marshall. On the new album "Seven" he give credit to Mesa saying thanx to a buddy of his for the use of his Dual rectumfrier. Micheal sweet and Tim Gaines are both currently using Peavey. MIke is using triple X heads and cabs Tim im not so sure but it is Peavey as is his bass. Apearently both have signed an endorsement deal with Peavey. Oz has one with Wayne. No amp endorsement really although he did use a Triple X at the show here in Chicago along with a Tech 21 preamp DI (the GT one: I cant remeber the model off hand as I'm old and loosing my brain function to senility and bad spelling). I love the tone on Soldiers Under Command. Scooped and yet midrangey at the same time with pleny of bite and bottom. Oh I almost forgot Robert Sweet is also playing Peavey drums or at least he did on Seven.
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                      loosing my brain function
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">losing
                      [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron dude that was intentional. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Duh:
                        Gil

Comment

Peavey makes drums now? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Where have I been [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

mark II (mark III prototype) and a furman parametric eq so sayeth oz.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                              loosing my brain function
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">losing
                              [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, look who I found here, my english teacher. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X