• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
    Definitely the post of the day! Hahahaha.... :ROTF:

Had me actually laughing dude... Nice!
    Hehe! My pleasure.
    Now I gotta go bust out my old album collection and start spinning some Soldiers Under Command and The Yellow & Black Attack!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was told that the JSX was originally based on the XXX. The guys at Peavey worked with Joe and fine tuned and tweaked what he didn't like about the XXX..which resulted in the JSX, but with more versatility.

Both amps are somewhat comaparible in the high gain department. The XXX is a biz more "buzzy" (kinda like the recto), where the JSX has a smoother gain structure.

As far as my Uber settings..I started from square one that eliminated alot of the amp's noise. Now I have to program the noise gate..because it's set way too hard for the new settings..but I'll waite till I dial it in over drums..that's where it counts IMO anywhoo.

Man, I can't believe how interactive the EQ section of the Uber is..I backed off the Bass dramatically and it completely changed the whole feel and tone of the amp..there is alot going on with just a few knobs..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

man, XXX doesn't sound like recto at all, I don't know why everyone are comparing all the modern hi gain amps to a recto, if you think you are so close to it then go do a studio, record your amp and EQ it has much as possbile, you still aint gonna hear a recto..... but then again XXX can sound like it if you use some weird or shitty settings on a recto
        I've heard many many dudes saying that they dialed in a recto tone to the T, and when I'm going to listen to it.... well it doesn't sound like it at all. The only amp that was close was Diezel.

that being said, Stryper's tone was pretty good but there were a lot more cooler sounding records wich were made with Mesa Boogie Mark amps. Like Whiesnake '87 or Blue Murder's first one.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well Sykes has pretty much the best tone ever... he doesn't count!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            Well Sykes has pretty much the best tone ever... he doesn't count!
            ok, agreed
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Live 2004, Marshalls everywhere.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

yup, Marshalls look the best with the black/yellow stripe stage

Comment

I never said they didnt sound good in there heyday, i am just saying for the style they play they sound damn good through the rec's.

As to your little snip about our difference's in tone being painfully obvious, well everyone that ever hears me plays says I know how to dial in a amp great, so think what you want there.

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by siggy14
                  Ok let me rephrase that, for the style of music they are playing they sound damn good there.

Umm... No...

(actually, I saw them live in their heyday and they sounded great)

Quote:
                  Plus everyone has different idea of a great tone

That's becoming painfully obvious...

Quote:
                  Example both Horns and I owned a uber, but we dialed them in completly different, which just reflects different styles.

Umm, Yeah.... Now I don't trust either of you, hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    man, XXX doesn't sound like recto at all,
                    I wouldn't say it sounds just like it. "I" said it was Peaveys answer to the Recto.

It's fizzy, sorta buzzy sounding and has that Sag. So, yeah, it shares a some characteristic with the Rectos, haha...

That said, I sorta enjoyed playing one more than the Rectos I've had. But, I got sick of it quickly, and I'm thinking the Rectos can be dialed in to a better sound than I did for them.

Comment

I only watched it once, but i am pretty sure I did not see one power light on or any cables going into the inputs of any of the marshalls. I did see in there what I believe was a triple XXX with a black/Yellow replacing the cheesy biker flaps.

Originally posted by mwm70 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oftGx21EUQA

Comment

I agree, I had a XXX and a Three channel dual rec at the same time, and that XXX could not even come close.

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        man, XXX doesn't sound like recto at all, I don't know why everyone are comparing all the modern hi gain amps to a recto, if you think you are so close to it then go do a studio, record your amp and EQ it has much as possbile, you still aint gonna hear a recto..... but then again XXX can sound like it if you use some weird or shitty settings on a recto
                        I've heard many many dudes saying that they dialed in a recto tone to the T, and when I'm going to listen to it.... well it doesn't sound like it at all. The only amp that was close was Diezel.

that being said, Stryper's tone was pretty good but there were a lot more cooler sounding records wich were made with Mesa Boogie Mark amps. Like Whiesnake '87 or Blue Murder's first one.

Comment

Yikes! What was that Cousin It lookin' thing behind the drum kit?
                          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Damn, the singer can belt! The backing vocals are spot on too. I wonder if this recording was doctored after the fact. If not, that's pretty impressive.

The recording isn't perfect, but the tone on there sounds great too. Great Marshallesque bite but it sounds like there is alot of good low end thump going on too. I love the grind they get on those open G's. I see the Marshalls, but I wonder if there is a Soldano in there somewhere...
                            Last edited by khabibissell; 03-29-2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I may do a black metal version of "To Hell with the Devil"..

Hey, that would be cool!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Guys, if you dig Stryper this is a must have, it's a great show.

Live in Puerto Rico 2006.

Comment

Working...
                                X