No announcement yet.

Stryper-What Amps Did They Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there and have a copy of the concert. Great show!

Comment

WTF? am I seeing a Boss ME50 being used By michael sweet? right at the end of Oz's solo it flashes to a blue floor processor that looks a lot like an ME50> Or is it just me? But yeah those marshalls arent even plugged in.

Comment

Same show,much more rocking song :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7b8C...elated&search=

Quick note on the subject of their tone,the second guitarist in my last band was a huge Stryper fan and could nail the tone with his setup which was an ADA MP1 and a Tubeworks ( I think that's what it's called) power amp.Not sure if it was a preset of his own patch,but he got that exact tone when he dialed it up. I liken it to a scooped Mesa/Boogie mic'd in a trashcan

Comment

Man, Michael Sweet still has his pipes after 20+ years!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

This video shows a rack just behind Mike that has a Mesa Rectifier Recording preamp hooked up to what looks like 2 Mesa 2:90 or 2:100 power amps. I love it
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWM30...related&search=
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Wow

It's great to see people talking about Stryper again without the main point of the conversation being to disparage the faith. They are back together, are playing Atlanta this month, 28th I think, and begin work on their next album in may. For those that care, Mike has just revealed that his wife Kyle, has been diagnosed with a pretty aggressive form of ovarian cancer. So If you wish keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

stryper.com
              michaelsweet.com

Comment

Originally posted by budgolf View Post
                It's great to see people talking about Stryper again without the main point of the conversation being to disparage the faith. They are back together, are playing Atlanta this month, 28th I think, and begin work on their next album in may. For those that care, Mike has just revealed that his wife Kyle, has been diagnosed with a pretty aggressive form of ovarian cancer. So If you wish keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

stryper.com
                michaelsweet.com
                Yeah, I heard about the diagnosis. +1 on the prayers!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                  I agree, I had a XXX and a Three channel dual rec at the same time, and that XXX could not even come close.
                  Me too... come to think about it... I may have got the XXX from you

Comment

Working...
                  X