• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opeth!!!

Originally posted by Lev:
    Definetely
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I spell that wrong every fuckin time [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Moonspell was the first band...they were silly ("Ohh Moonspell is so happy to play for Charlotte!" in a deep Portugese accent). Between the guitarist/keyboardist looking like a young Simon from American Idol, the singer dancing and headbanging while he was beating a stick with a silly looking skull on the ground, I was laughing pretty good. They played bland metal music. Devil Driver was next, they impressed me because I thought for sure they'd suck...they're more hardcore metal sorta in the vein of Bleeding Through. They weren't really too bad. I had a short conversation with one of the guitarists before the show about his McNaught guitar and made faces at him while he was playing.

Comment

Moonspell rule. You need to check out one of their albums to get into their style though, I don't think it's too well recieved live becuase it takes a little to get into it. I would reccomend Wolfheart.

Comment

Moonspell live are even better than in CD IMHO!but it's a matter of thats...either you love'em or you hate'em...
            I like his accent.It reminds me of dracula [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . besides it's harder to talk without accent than to sing without it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            I like to see opeth live...they seem to be very precise...

Comment

moonspell reminded me of a mix between type-O negative and Paradise Lost. I liked them. I wasn't amazed or anything though. But they were good enough to open for Opeth. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I didn' tget the whole Skull Cane thing. Could someone explain the purpose of that? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, am I the only one who thought the skull cane was f'in' awesome?

Comment

maybe. He should have done something spectacular with it...like light it on fire and blew flames at us from its eyes or some crazy shit like that.

I thought it was weird that he didn't go ahead and hold it for more than just the one or two songs he shook and stomped it for. He made it seem almost like a chore to hold up the big skull staff/cane thingy. The skull cane needs a purpose. ....maybe wack the guitar/keyboard guy in teh head with it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] to get him to stop gyrating like elvis presley.

Comment

The staff has a tribal meaning. It's like the wizard of a tribe,or a shaman, or whatever...
                    I'm not seeing fernando doing firebreath with the staff, but it's a good idea! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                      they played nectar!!

damn you!

DVD comes out a week from Tuesday!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">how much ? and how long is it suppose to be ? acoustic set and a heavy set ? //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                        set list has been:

Master's Apprentices
                        Drapery Falls
                        The Moor
                        Windowpane
                        In My Time of Need
                        April Ethereal
                        Deliverance
                        Blackwater Park
                        Demon of The Fall

best setlist...they've ever done.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">windowpane is my all time fave ! //Steve

Comment

Hey Steve the card that I got Peter and Mikael to sign has this to say about the DVD:
                          -2+ hours of Opeth at their very best in concert
                          ~both heavy and acoustic sets
                          -65 minute documentary on the making of Deliverance and Damnation
                          -High definition video and 5.1 surround sound

I think my friend has preordered a copy so when he gets it I'm gonna go check it out. But I'm sure it won't be as good as standing 6 feet away from them watching them play!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                            Hey Steve the card that I got Peter and Mikael to sign has this to say about the DVD:
                            -2+ hours of Opeth at their very best in concert
                            ~both heavy and acoustic sets
                            -65 minute documentary on the making of Deliverance and Damnation
                            -High definition video and 5.1 surround sound

I think my friend has preordered a copy so when he gets it I'm gonna go check it out. But I'm sure it won't be as good as standing 6 feet away from them watching them play!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool shit man ! thanks for the info , and nice pics too by the way [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I must get that DVD
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw Opeth a couple summers ago on Nevermore's DHIADW tour. I thought they were cool, but I wasn't really familiar with them. I needed some new cds, so today I happened to be in the record store and picked up 3 Opeth cds: the digipack versions of Still Life, Damnation, and the little metal tin of Morningrise. Damn, these guys are cool!!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X