Opeth!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opeth!!!

The Laney with all theknobs is the VH100r.

Opeth's only 2 drop D songs are Blackwater Park and Demon of the Fall, everything else they write is in standard tuning. Makes sense that they play those 2 songs last doesn't it.

They used to play jacksons, back in the Morningrise days. Peter can be seen playing a white rhoads on a Forest of October bootleg video. That came from their 2001 tour with Nevermore.

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
      Ditched a locking nut for drop D? I thought they were diehard A440ers. I have read where they stated thier aversion to dropped tunings "the guitar was meant to be played in standard" etc. What were they playing? Looked like PRS the last few live shots I have seen. I gotta get that DVD, and hope to see them someday in the not too distant future.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you missed this tour, you're in for a long wait. They aren't goign to be on the road for quite some time. Mikael's got a honeymoon to take, then the whole band is taking ab reak...and then there's the usual 6 month recording process. It will probably be at least a year before we see anymore Opeth.

Comment

Last time I saw them in early 2003, they were using Marshall's, even though they had a Laney contract at the time. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

They got the endorsement during that deliverance tour....And already had the Marshall's in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            They got the endorsement during that deliverance tour....And already had the Marshall's in tow.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh ok, thanks!

Comment

got the dvd today bloody awesome guys ! they are so fucking tight it's not funny ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
              X