Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malmsteen and Lynch tour

In case anyone here is interested, I came across info on their tour dates:

Yngwie Malmsteen with The George Lynch Band opening.
    Fri 03/05/04 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theater
    Sun 03/07/04 Dallas, TX Trees
    Wed 03/10/04 Scottsdale, AZ The Venue Of Scottsdale
    Thu 03/11/04 Tucson, AZ The Rialto
    Sun 03/14/04 West Hollywood, CA Key Club
    Mon 03/22/04 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
    Wed 03/24/04 Chicago, IL Joe's
    Thu 03/25/04 Flint, MI Purple Moon Nightclub
    Fri 03/26/04 Sauget, IL Pop's
    Sat 03/27/04 Cleveland, OH Peabody's Down Under
    Sun 03/28/04 Toronto, ON The Funhaus
    Wed 03/31/04 Wantagh, NY Mulcahy's
    Thu 04/01/04 Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom
    Fri 04/02/04 Springfield, VA Jaxx
    Sat 04/03/04 Baltimore, MD Thunderdome
    Sun 04/04/04 Clifton Park, NY Northern Lights
    Tue 04/06/04 Allentown, PA Crocodile Rock Cafe
    Thu 04/08/04 High Point, NC Hartley's House Of Rock

Re: Malmsteen and Lynch tour

I saw the listing for the Chiacago show the other day. However it is 5 days after the Dream Theater concert I've got tickets for. Unfortunately I don't have enough disposable income to go to both. I've heard that Joe's is a cool place, though. I was told that it was like a sports bar type place. It sounds like it would be a pretty small show, intimate even. Those are the shows I like best. If anyone catches the show, I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

hot fuckin' damn, they'll be goin' to Mulcahy's huh? on a Wednesday no less! if i remember right, that's Wing Night! ooooo marroneme! beer, wings, YJM/Lynch... i'm gonna' be makin' some calls, see if i can get people to go. i definitely wanna' check this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
        I saw the listing for the Chiacago show the other day. However it is 5 days after the Dream Theater concert I've got tickets for. Unfortunately I don't have enough disposable income to go to both. I've heard that Joe's is a cool place, though. I was told that it was like a sports bar type place. It sounds like it would be a pretty small show, intimate even. Those are the shows I like best. If anyone catches the show, I'd love to hear about it.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOFL!! That's going to be a busy couple of weeks for me... Not only Dream Theater, but I got tickets to see the Blackhawks on the 25th... 9th Row baby!!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Oooh, I'll hit up the CO show for sure!

Comment

CHICAGO......damn i miss home [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            nothin worth a shit ever comes near this place [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Joe's will be a cool place to see them. The band that I used to tech for played there exclusively...
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Peabodies in Cleveland isn't much in the way of good sound, bummer. But, the female and I shall attend nonetheless...

Comment

What are the chances of that selling out? at teh ogden? I want to see Yngwie...i've never been to an actual "shredder" concert.

but I have to have reserve money for the Iced Earth/CoB concert as well. Don't want too many concerts put on my credit card.

Comment

That list looks incomplete, I thought I saw that they'll be playing the Galaxy in Santa Ana, CA and San Diego.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think this show is a great lesson to all those who think all endorsed artists like Lynch are whores for getting paid for their endorsements. I know we recently had this discussion but I saw the ad for this tour the day I responded to that thread. I was telling my friend about it and then we saw the ad and had a chuckle. I forget where they are playing here in NYC, but I think it is a week night. They are playing a shit hole and the total ticket price is $15. That means, at best they have to split $15 and then pay all the tour costs from that. There will not be many people at these shows. These guys NEED their endorsements to pay the bills. Judging by some of these gigs, they need more than the endorsements. I saw Yngwie twice live, and once was more than enough. They would have to pay me $15 to go to this show. That said I would love to see Lynch. Last time he played here he played a hole on a Monday night and didn't go on until after midnight, which was too late for me.

Comment

"Thu 04/01/04 Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom "

Woohoo!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That's like 5 minutes from my house. It's a new rock club that just opened. For many years it was called Hunka Bunka, and it was a dance club/teeny bopper place. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                        I'll have to check it out now since it's going to have real music and real bands. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

BOING!!!

Im all over that!

Now just awaiting the phone call for backstage passes!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Drip:

I would be seriously suprised if they sold out the Ogden. I've never seen a sold out show there.

Comment

that's good to know. I"ll see you there most likely. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X