Entombed guitar tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entombed guitar tone

Am I correct in thinking that the old-school swedish death tone like Entombed was from a Boss HM-2 into a Marshall? There's a ton of these pedals on the 'bay, and if I'm remembering correctly I wanna pick one up.

Re: Entombed guitar tone

that's what they used.
    but you can get (close to) it with other pedals such as the mt-2 if you don't scoop out the mids. and of course tune down 4 half-steps.

Comment

How do those HM-2s compare to the MT-2s ?

I have an MT-2 right now, but am always unhappy with my tone, even after much tweaking. Is it worth it to try and swap ?

Comment

I think the MT-2 is the HM-2 with two quite useful extra mid-shaping knobs. The HM-2 has a lot fewer usable tones, it really needs a GE-7 IMO. Other than for the Entombed/Dismember/Tomas Skogsberg/Sunlight Studios sound I don't think it makes more sense to own than the MT-2.

I used to use a MT-2 every time we would jam metal at rehearsal studios with shitty and/or vintage amps. I find that you can dial in a rather adequate albeit very generic metal tone no matter what you plug it in. I replaced it with a Rat which has much more character but which is not as versatile by itself.

Comment

Working...
        X