Jeff Hanneman's Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman's Jackson

Okay, having been far to interested in the UK Grindcore/Earache scene ('cos O live there) at the time when I should have - traditionally anyway - been listening to Thrash metal I have had to go back to Slayer as I wasn't really a big fan around the time of "South of Heaven" and "Seasons in the Abyss" which is when I believe Jeff was playing his Jackson.

Can anyone tell me for definite which albums other than "Decade of Aggression" Jeff played his Jackson?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jeff Hanneman\'s Jackson

i can tell you he played it on S.I.T.A. tour,but way before that i seen the Rein In Blood tour and he played a 2 hum. black soloist and his
    ST. Pauly Girl BC.Rich among other BC's...damn im old [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Well, he used that Soloist in the Bloodlines video, and that was late 2000 or so. That is about the time he retired it. Jeff *is* using it on the Divine Intervention tour (I have the Live Intrusion video - it was filmed in early 1995). I also have a bootleg from Japan in 1998, and he is not using it there (maybe he didn't want to take the beloved Soloist overseas). So, from the available evidence, Jeff used the Soloist from at least 1990 - 1995, and probably up to 2000.
      On the 2002 and 2003 tours he was 100% ESP.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ:
        i seen the Rein In Blood tour and he played a 2 hum. black soloist
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, are we talking about the DK/Black Flag stickered up Soloist?

So, then we have 1986 - 1995, possibly 2000.
        Long time!

Comment

Ron I think he used it up to Diablous in Musica, I have an interview from that period where he says that he is about to retire it...BUT...I also have photos of him and Kerry's live setups from 2002 and it is in his guitar rack along with 3 ESPs.

Comment

Well I saw Slayer on the 2002 and 2003 tours and he did not use the Jackson. I read that by the time the Bloodline vid was filmed, the guitar was about unplayable (totally worn out).

Comment

i thought he had it before reign in blood? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

kevin
              the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

I think it or one like it is on War at the Warfield. I'll check it out later to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MOSHWITZ:
                  i seen the Rein In Blood tour and he played a 2 hum. black soloist
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, are we talking about the DK/Black Flag stickered up Soloist?

So, then we have 1986 - 1995, possibly 2000.
                  Long time!
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">if it was, it didnt have those (?STICKERS?) on it yet, the one i saw was solid black.
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    I think it or one like it is on War at the Warfield. I'll check it out later to make sure.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WatW contains the Bloodline video, so the Soloist is in there at least. The concert itself was filmed December 7th 2001. Let us know what you find.

Comment

In the booklet for the new box set, he's featured with it in a couple old live shots... one has the Kahler behind-the-nut lock, the other has a Floyd nut. I believe it's the same guitar, just had the nut modified. I also read years ago that he said he sweats a lot on stage and had the electronics replaced a couple times because they get ruined from his sweat and that he was retiring the guitar. Maybe it's back again? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No, Joe...go read the 6th post in this thread. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I've seen this guitar live in his hands on the Clash of the Titans tour, so it's at least that old. I think on R.I.B. he was using a Bich and a neck-thru Assassin. The interesting thing about the shots in the new box set, is that I can only find one pic where the headstock on the Soloist isn't either cut off or airbrushed out. ESP sucks.

This guitar has been shrouded in mystery over the years. I've even seen him get defensive over it. I was reading a Q&A section on the Slayer site one time, where this kid asked Jeff why he plays his Soloist live on occasion, even though he was endorsing ESP. He said,"Because I can."
                          Then the dude asked why they prefer Kahlers and he said,"Because Floyds' suck!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Even though I didn't see this particular tour, I have the tour book from the World Sacrifice tour in '88. This is one of the pics in it. I'll look tonight and see if there are any of the Soloist in it, which I'm positive there are.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that Jeff said the Soloist was his axe number 1. But then again, he said it had seen it's share of trouble so he decided to keep it a home. And then ESP came up with 'the' offer. One thing I noticed over the years is that as long as Kerry more or less amswers your questions, Jeff doesn't give a ****. Well, I still love the guy [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X