Stryper in Puerto Rico, March 6, 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryper in Puerto Rico, March 6, 2004

Stryper will be here soon. I really would like to know what happened with the Jacksons guitars Oz and Mike were using. I know, acording to the Oz Fox site that he still have those guitars that Grover Jackson did to him, and the Wayne ones. But Why do Michael droped their Jackson line up? like the yellow and black RR, the yellow and black kelly, and few others strat or soloist type yellow and black body guitars... I know that when a time passed, new things needs to come but, he didn't keep them neither as suveniers. He's on PRS, and Peavey Wofgangs now. If I'm wrong, correct me please. Do someone knows anythig about this,interviews or something else?

Re: Stryper in Puerto Rico, March 6, 2004

I picked up a used Stryper CD the other day for 3.99. It was cool to see his Charvel. But I was a bit put off by their overly religeous aspects.

I did however score a like new copy of Blizzard of Ozz for a dollar more.

Comment

Oz still has two Jackson Soloists, the black and blue one (refin of his 1st, original Soloist) and the yellow black bengal with the bandolier and bullets. The only one that Michael kept is his 1st Rhoads, which was originally white. Michael had a bunch stolen out of his house, the Kelly being among them. The only one that has surfaced, publicly is Oz's double neck. The true gems to find would be Oz's mini explorer and his pointy star, both Charvels. Stryper had ALOT of Jackson and Charvels, over 20 by my count. I was always a fanatic for their yellow and black guitars. The music was just ok, their guitar tone was killer, but their guitars simply ruled@!

Comment

When you go see them you will see that Oz and Michael both have their Jacksons with them. Oz will probably play his Wayne most of the night but will break out the old Charvel and Jacksons for at least one song each.

Michael did have his guitars stolen and I believe that the yellow and black RR might be the only one he has left. He is now playing some killer custom Wolfgangs and a PRS.

Oz still has the "Mini" explorer, he played it on the last tour. I don't know about the star. The mini explorer was originally a Karl Sandoval creation full size explorer. Grover cut the body down to make the custom shape and put a point neck on it.

Stryper does indeed rock, have a great time when you see them in PR.

Comment

Does anyone know if they are playing in the States anytime soon?

Comment

Didn't Neal at Neals Guitars have a guitar owned by Oz?
            "POOP"

Comment

morbid, from what part of the island are you? I'm from PR too.

Comment

I'd love to see Stryper live. In fact, Stryper toured the states just last year, but I missed em. Also, I wouldn't say they are 'overly religious'. I think their convictions are pretty admirable. I've heard so many people say that they are wasting their talent singing about their religion, but I don't see the big deal. They just sing and play what they are passionate about and it makes their music better.

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                  I picked up a used Stryper CD the other day for 3.99. It was cool to see his Charvel. But I was a bit put off by their overly religeous aspects.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's your point? Joe [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by morbid:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's your point? Joe, Did you gave me an answer? [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by morbid:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by morbid:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's your point? Joe, Did you gave me an answer? [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Sorry for all this shitty repeated replies. Hit the wrong icon. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuuuure ya did! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the info you guys. I didn't know that Mikes guitars were stolen, too bad, man. Lucky for him the yellow & black RR survived, that's my favorite one. I don't think they're waisting their talent for singing to God, other bands sing about satan, dead, or other religions and that doesn't take away their musical talent. They still talented too, and they can sing about whatever they want too. For me the gross part of heavy metal is the music part, the lyrics take their role, but the combination of the music and the vocal sounds make the whole for me in metal music. Guys, I'll enjoy this gig. The last concert I went too were in 2000, and can't remember the band.

Comment

stryper rocks. so does jesus. i bet he plays jacksons up in heaven. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X