Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stryper in Puerto Rico, March 6, 2004

Suuuuuuuuuuuure ya did!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....Sure [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

BTW RON: Isn't it Racer X ...NOT RacerX???

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Suuuuuuuuuuuure ya did!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....Sure [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

BTW RON: Isn't it Racer X ...NOT RacerX???

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah... Right...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad to see there are other Stryper fans on this site. I'm new to the board, obviously, but came here to learn more about my Jacksons. The reason I say that is because Stryper was the first band I knew that played them in the 80's, and that's what created my desire to own one. Oz had some of the coolest looking axes, and Mike's RR is still a favorite of mine. I saw them in Raleigh last November and everyone is correct...Mike plays Peavey now and Oz played his new signature Wayne model most of the night. He played the bengal soloist a few songs though. If you're really interested in how they obtained they're killer sound back in the day, check out www.michaelsweet.com . He used to have an article about it, the jist of it was a pre-amp and furman pq3 with the mids cranked.

I also found out that GMW Guitar Works offers Mike's RR paint scheme for a mere $500. ...tempting!
        E = Fb

Comment

Oz talks tone. A lot of that tone was due to an early Boogie MkIIC with the Furman. Cool story about the Boogie. Read it there.

Whether you appreciate the message or not, you have to admit the Stryper guys (other than Robert Sweet who just does not impress me) are fantastic musicians, songwriters, and singers.

In my opinion I have to put up with a lot of really crappy (Stephen Pearcy and Don Dokken come to mind) lyrics getting in the way of my favorite guitar players of the 80s. I'd rather listen to well written inspirational lyrics than really bad lost love or I want you lyrics!
          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Axe are you from North Carolina? I live in Charlotte.

Comment

I saw Stryper for the first time wayback in 87 or 88 in Massachusetts. My friend and I went by the venue...but didn't have tickets. The concert was half over, and the security staff let us in for free!!!! They ROCKED!!!!!!! Been a fan ever since. They are also one of the reasons I turn to Christ. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                Oz talks tone. In my opinion I have to put up with a lot of really crappy lyrics getting in the way of my favorite guitar players of the 80s.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                  Oz talks tone. A lot of that tone was due to an early Boogie MkIIC with the Furman. Cool story about the Boogie. Read it there.

Whether you appreciate the message or not, you have to admit the Stryper guys (other than Robert Sweet who just does not impress me) are fantastic musicians, songwriters, and singers.

In my opinion I have to put up with a lot of really crappy (Stephen Pearcy and Don Dokken come to mind) lyrics getting in the way of my favorite guitar players of the 80s. I'd rather listen to well written inspirational lyrics than really bad lost love or I want you lyrics!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I respect your opinion, and maybe YOUR mind is ok with that. But ,when I don't like any other lyricists and songwriters, I simply don't say anything about them for respect to the people who likes them. If they are good in something I just admited, and that's all. Pardone my words friend but, if the Stryper people did't impress you, I don't care, you didn't impressed me too like other musicians didn't, and I haven't told yet. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Box Car,

Yes I'm in NC....the coastline to be exact.
                    E = Fb

Comment

That's cool...as a matter of fact I wanted to visit the coast line next week for spring break, but I got too much stuff to take care of...

Comment

Well, came from Stryper concert right now, and they were awsome. The show took about an hour and 40 minutes. There were few songs that some people like to be performed, but the show was great. The sound was very powerfull. Stryper live is great.

Comment

They were supposed to shoot a DVD of the show! CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT! After watching their "Live in Japan" video (1985) last night, I'm ready for some new stuff!
                          E = Fb

Comment

I saw Stryper for the first time wayback in 87 or 88 in Massachusetts. My friend and I went by the venue...but didn't have tickets. The concert was half over, and the security staff let us in for free!!!! They ROCKED!!!!!!! Been a fan ever since. They are also one of the reasons I turn to Christ.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...amen to that.
                            E = Fb

Comment

The live CD of the this tour is available for pre-purchase on their website. It is supposed to be out in May.

Stryper on this last tour was the best show I have ever seen period (have I made that point clear [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). I can't wait to get the live CD.

Comment

I saw Stryper for the first time wayback in 87 or 88 in Massachusetts. My friend and I went by the venue...but didn't have tickets. The concert was half over, and the security staff let us in for free!!!! They ROCKED!!!!!!! Been a fan ever since. They are also one of the reasons I turn to Christ.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen Brutha

Comment

Working...
                                X