Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Alexi Laiho - Passage to the Reaper

It's an absolutly amazing video! About 110 megs zipped thought, large download but well worth it.

Just do me one favor though, keep this within the JCF please. I'm only sharing this because I enjoy my brothers here at the JCF very much. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Please post download speeds as well. Enjoy !

Re: A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Now I also managed to somehow break my avatar when switiching it to a viking ship [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Edit: Oh wait, now its fixed. I have a new Avatar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

great!

Comment

Enjoying a steady download at about 90kb/sec right now...this should be good! I've been getting more and more into CoB as of late, just bought "hatecrew..." the other day, it rips!
        Angels don't kill!
        Thanks for sharing the link bro.

- Rune.

Comment

Wow he really knows how to play.

Thank god there is no singing/whatever COB call it to spoil the guitar playing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!
            Great video. Too bad that there wasn't more
            of Roope. He can do some amazing stuff.
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Currently enjoying a steady 330kb/s rate.... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

396 kb here thanks man...
                www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

OMG! They're having some awesome jam sessions there!
                  [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a GREAT video. I have it on DVD but haven't watched it in a while. Thanks for the post. Roope's T-shirt is the best! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty good video. I would rate them both as a little above average regarding chops. They must both be HUGE fans of Malmsteen. They are ripping off his work note for note (I know Pagannini originally wrote it!!) although not nearly as good or as fluid as the master himself. I have a 14 and a 17 year old student who both can outplay those guys any day of the week based on what I saw. They do play very well together and I like the violin synth mixed with the guitar. I don't follow either of those guys so I am basing my opinion on strictly this video. The nice thing about it is that it is real old school type playing. There were literally thousands of guitar players who could play like that in the 80's. It is nice to see some current relatively new bands with guitar players with serious chops. Thanks for the video link. It was really cool. I wonder if he was using the Line 6 or the Marshall??

Comment

The first song they were playing was the presto section from "summer" in Vivaldi's four seasons. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                          Pretty good video. I would rate them both as a little above average regarding chops. They must both be HUGE fans of Malmsteen. They are ripping off his work note for note (I know Pagannini originally wrote it!!) although not nearly as good or as fluid as the master himself. I have a 14 and a 17 year old student who both can outplay those guys any day of the week based on what I saw. They do play very well together and I like the violin synth mixed with the guitar. I don't follow either of those guys so I am basing my opinion on strictly this video. The nice thing about it is that it is real old school type playing. There were literally thousands of guitar players who could play like that in the 80's. It is nice to see some current relatively new bands with guitar players with serious chops. Thanks for the video link. It was really cool. I wonder if he was using the Line 6 or the Marshall??
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I highly don't think so dude [17 or 14 years olds better?] Roope and Laiho are awesome players and I don't think any of your students have record deals with nuclear blast or century media records . no slamming you and your students but these dudes are pretty hot man . download the sin trade or I spit on your grave from the last sinergy album suicide by my side , that stuff is the shit forsure , and anything off of the newest children of bodom hatecrew death roll ... acually buy it/them dude ! very worth every hard buck you've worked for . you won't be disapointed . //Steve

Comment

...120 is what I am getting . but thanks for the link bro ! //Steve

Comment

I must agree that it isn't the best I've seen technique-wise. Yngwie would probably outshred them both, but it was really cool seeing them jam together - on dual Jackson Rhoads none the less!
                              [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As far as CoB albums go, I personally think "Follow the Reaper" is the best by far. It's what got me into CoB. The newest one didn't really do it for me.

Now I gotta look at the video again! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X