Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Originally posted by jgcable:
    Pretty good video. I would rate them both as a little above average regarding chops. They must both be HUGE fans of Malmsteen. They are ripping off his work note for note (I know Pagannini originally wrote it!!) although not nearly as good or as fluid as the master himself. I have a 14 and a 17 year old student who both can outplay those guys any day of the week based on what I saw. They do play very well together and I like the violin synth mixed with the guitar. I don't follow either of those guys so I am basing my opinion on strictly this video. The nice thing about it is that it is real old school type playing. There were literally thousands of guitar players who could play like that in the 80's. It is nice to see some current relatively new bands with guitar players with serious chops. Thanks for the video link. It was really cool. I wonder if he was using the Line 6 or the Marshall??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first song is Vivaldi not Paganini.

Comment

Wish my internet wasn't so slow so I could watch it.
      Anyone know if theyre coming to the US anytime soon?
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy:
        Wish my internet wasn't so slow so I could watch it.
        Anyone know if theyre coming to the US anytime soon?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes they are. Roope and Alexi are both in Children of Bodom and they're touring the US this spring. with EVergrey and Iced Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first song is Vivaldi not Paganini. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's been noted already. Read the whole thread to avoid being redundant. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            Read the whole thread to avoid being redundant. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You sound more & more like me every day, dude! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

DAMN I WANT THIS VIDEO!
              Cant find it on kazaa though. Thats cool that you cant host it at the moment. I think its really cool of you to even put it up for download man.
              I love Alexi and bodom and roope and sinergy. At the moment Im downloading the bed of razors clip off Kazaa [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awsome video! Did it originally come with tabs? I love classical excercises.
                I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first song is Vivaldi not Paganini. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's been noted already. Read the whole thread to avoid being redundant. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You said that though after I said that it was by Vivaldi back on page 1. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So I win.

Comment

As to the pronunciation of Roope..... Kim from Sinergy pronounces it "Rope A".

If I was to search for the video with a file sharing program, what should I search for? Does it have a name?

Comment

Try "Passage to the Reaper".
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I found it on WinMX & KaZaa, but both are sooooo dammnnnn slloooooowwwww. I can only find one or two people at a time that have it, so I'm only getting a trickle - about 20% d/l'd so far...... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Greg, I just searched generally for Bodom vids. I think the entire file name was something like "Alexi Laiho - Children of Bodom - Passage to the Reaper (Young Guitar)". Currently at work, straining the grey matter to remember, so that won't be it exactly....

Can someone who has the complete file set this up as a BitTorrent? That way, the more people connected to d/l it, the faster we ALL get it. I've got some crackingly fast d/l's from Sharing The Groove using BitTorrent. And that way, no one individual has to bear the brunt of the bandwidth - we all share it. If you're getting close to blowing out your bandwidth for the month, get off the network and everyone else can bear the load.

[ March 09, 2004, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

YAY I GOT IT!
                          The end bit is so sweet (session 2)
                          Its called something like "alexi guitar lesson" or something to do with guitar lesson, but that is it!
                          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

awww I want to see it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

DUDES! ive been looking for the passage to the reaper video EVERYWHERE. now when i click on that link, it doesnt work!! Can someone help me out?? possibly a trasfer through instant messanger?? PLEASE [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Alexi's style is obviously very influenced by Yngwie. I think that Alexi's lead playing has much more variety than Yngwie; he incorporates a lot more rock licks and doesn't have such a focus on neo-classical soloing especially as you listen to Bodom's albums one after another. Hate Crew Deathroll had a lot less neo-classical influence on guitar, especially when compared to Something Wild. If you wanna hear some killer soloing and guitar playing try purchasing / downloading (and then buying if you like it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) Something Wild. They take the main theme from Mozart's 25th Symphony and make it into a song, which is bad ass. And if you don't like the screaming / distorted vocals try and get passed them to give the music a chance! Its good stuff.

For the Yngwie / Alexi connection listen to the end of the last solo in Children of Bodom's "The Nail" and then listen to the end of the last solo in Far Beyond The Sun... Obviously Alexi's paying tribute to Yngwie.

Also notice that in the video he's using a Line6. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't know how you folks get such good tones out of Line6 gear. I had a Flextone II and I couldn't get a decent distorted tone out of it to save my life.

Edit - If you want the video I can send it via MSN Messenger or whatever. Let me know.

[ March 19, 2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Inearthed ]

Comment

Working...
                                X