Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guitar video for all you Alexi / Roope fans.

440k/s suckas!

Thanks Paddok

Comment

Thanks for the vid man! My speed topped out at 215.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

damn, lucky bastards. 6kb/s here. thank god someone invented download managers ^^

Comment

75 kb/s here.

what kind of connection do you assholes have? [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry all, had to take the link down for now. There were ALOT more people downloading than posting about it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Had to save a hunk of my monthly bandwith for normal use. the JCF burned through about half of it.

If anyone is absolutly dying for the link, PM me, and I might be persuaded to provide it for you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll host something even better once I get some more bandwith. I have quite a few vid's people here might like.

Comment

You can find the video on eDonkey2000 network. I'm downloading it at the moment. Just type 'laiho' in the search tab.

Comment

Paddok you ever get the rest of the In Flames album? I haven't seen you online since whenever the last time we talked was.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
                  Paddok you ever get the rest of the In Flames album? I haven't seen you online since whenever the last time we talked was.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey bud, no I didn't. I've been online quite a bit. heh. I'll message you next time I see you.

To everybody else, sorry I can't host any more, my bandwith is gone down the tube, I need a better host!

Comment

I have been listening to alot of Alexi's work the entire day. Yea.... he is absolutely what you guys say he is. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

get CoB - Kissing the Shadows.. great soloing at the end.

Comment

The very first thing they play is straight out of the Troy Stetina Speed Mechanics book. I play that one all the time. It's a malmsteen styled exercise.

the actual song has nothing to do with malmsteen, pagannini or any other show off.

It's from Vivaldi's 4 seasons suite, Presto-Summer.

Good ole Baroque music. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

When I hit on it, it Sais the page in not available? Jack.

Comment

Is alexi really using that line 6 combo?!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                              Pretty good video. I would rate them both as a little above average regarding chops. They must both be HUGE fans of Malmsteen. They are ripping off his work note for note (I know Pagannini originally wrote it!!) although not nearly as good or as fluid as the master himself. I have a 14 and a 17 year old student who both can outplay those guys any day of the week based on what I saw. They do play very well together and I like the violin synth mixed with the guitar. I don't follow either of those guys so I am basing my opinion on strictly this video. The nice thing about it is that it is real old school type playing. There were literally thousands of guitar players who could play like that in the 80's. It is nice to see some current relatively new bands with guitar players with serious chops. Thanks for the video link. It was really cool. I wonder if he was using the Line 6 or the Marshall??
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">umm its a demonstration of excercises.. a teaching video.. they're not trying to show off. Alexi is a capable of a lot more than what you see in this video.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
                                Pretty good video. I would rate them both as a little above average regarding chops. They must both be HUGE fans of Malmsteen. They are ripping off his work note for note (I know Pagannini originally wrote it!!) although not nearly as good or as fluid as the master himself. I have a 14 and a 17 year old student who both can outplay those guys any day of the week based on what I saw. They do play very well together and I like the violin synth mixed with the guitar. I don't follow either of those guys so I am basing my opinion on strictly this video. The nice thing about it is that it is real old school type playing. There were literally thousands of guitar players who could play like that in the 80's. It is nice to see some current relatively new bands with guitar players with serious chops. Thanks for the video link. It was really cool. I wonder if he was using the Line 6 or the Marshall??
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I highly don't think so dude [17 or 14 years olds better?] Roope and Laiho are awesome players and I don't think any of your students have record deals with nuclear blast or century media records . no slamming you and your students but these dudes are pretty hot man . download the sin trade or I spit on your grave from the last sinergy album suicide by my side , that stuff is the shit forsure , and anything off of the newest children of bodom hatecrew death roll ... acually buy it/them dude ! very worth every hard buck you've worked for . you won't be disapointed . //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks for the correction. I thought it was Pags.. I am going to check out more of their recorded material. Like I said.. I was basing my opinion strictly on the video which wasn't anything great. I was able to play any of that stuff 20 years ago. In todays standards they are shredding virtuoso's. Back in the 80's they would be considered average for a metal band. My 2 star students that I mentioned could handle that with no problem. Actually, my 17 year old is practically a virtuoso. For an example, Steve Vai recently came out with a practice workout in one of the latest magazines. My student mastered it in less then 1 week. The entire workout!! Currently he is just clone of who he is studying. He has no personal style.. YET!! He is busy building a great foundation. Hopefully he will find his own voice one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X