Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns pal John and a Krank - Ripper Owens

Hey guys -
    I know there has been much discussion on the board in regards to Krank amps etc..
    Found this vid on you tube (the last show I teched on that tour before I flew out for Progpower) ...
    John on stage right (left when you are watching the screen) was using a Krank, and the other guitarist (Dwayne) was using a Powerball.. anyway - undoctored audio
    Enjoy
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Camerawork sucked though...as usual, (s)he is pointing somewhere else during the solo, and we barely see John.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That Krank sounded good to me.

Comment

that was pretty cool. I liked the song, vocal performance was good too. I couldn't hear the guitars so good though.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          That Krank sounded good to me.
          John -
          That's why I posted.. there has been much debate on the board in regards to those amps.. I just remembered that he had a good tone (though that sample is a little low in the mix). Not sure how they'd hold up in the long run as far as dependability though

Comment

Bill gets so much discussion outta JC, guess it's a good thing I introduced them haha...

Still not impressed with Kranks, and John C isn't either...

Comment

I really don't like the Krank sound... massive amounts of distortion but they have even more sag and slop then a Rectifier does. The only band who can get them to sound good is Shadows Fall and I don't know how they do it, they must have a boost in front of the amp or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                Bill gets so much discussion outta JC, guess it's a good thing I introduced them haha...

Still not impressed with Kranks, and John C isn't either...
                This is ALL very true..

Yes John C was laughing his ass off when I was trying to dial in a Krank in his store, and finally asked "Am I doing something wrong here ??!!". He stated "Nope', that's IT man"...

While on a two month Eupropean/Mexican tour John C played with various amps besides his Powerballs..including that Krank , Deizels, Framus and so on.

Needless to say, he's going with Bogner after playing mine a couple times.

Bill Z
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bro,

Thanks for posting this. Now I can bust John C's balls.. oh so very harshly the next time I see or talk to him...

Actually he'll prolly be quite pleased to hear this footage is on here..I'll ask if he still has that Krank T-shirt. Maybe he could autograph it for me!!!:ROTF:

I'll be laying down my stuff with Eric, that drummer.

John C did NOT write much of that BF material..Timmy O actually did on his guitar. John writes MUCH heavier than that. He wants to use my singer for his own stuff..

Sounds like a plan to me

Bill Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Have fun with it Bill !
                    That whole tour was a blast - real cool dudes!

Comment

Just talked with John Comprix..he was on here but has to sign on as a member which he said he was going to do..tonight or tomorrow. He said he'll call me.

He wanted to let everyone know don't be too harsh of that vid..he hasn't even seen it. That was almost three years ago when he opened for Jon Oliva on very short notice ..as Beyond Fear was just forming. He said he was sick as a dog that night..and played terribly...his words. I told him he looked pretty kick ass to me..so that made him happy!

BTW Since John C bought a home, so he can't go with Bogner at this time due to finances..but he is playing his 6505s (5150) yes, I did tell him about the BBE 422..

He's playing those right now and not the Engl as far as I can tell.

That is all

Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                        I really don't like the Krank sound... massive amounts of distortion but they have even more sag and slop then a Rectifier does. The only band who can get them to sound good is Shadows Fall and I don't know how they do it, they must have a boost in front of the amp or something.
                        I'm Donais' old teacher and friend, saw him the other night. He uses a maxon od in the front I belive.
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                          I'm Donais' old teacher and friend, saw him the other night. He uses a maxon od in the front I belive.
                          Very Cool..a couple of my friend swear by those Maxon 808 and OD9+ stomps. A good freind of Cleveland John and I mods TS9s along with various other stomps. I would like to give them a go with my Uber..Not that it needs any more gain..I'm lookin' for more of a lead boost and a kick in the ass for harmonics and "push" for squeals that are a huge part of my playing.

Comment

I really really like my Maxon OD808 in front of my rectifier... did WONDERS for the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                              I really really like my Maxon OD808 in front of my rectifier... did WONDERS for the sound.
                              Yeah, my buds say they roll the gain back a bit on their amps and use the stomp to tighten up their sound..it's squashes the frequency range, which actually would tighten things up. I'm lookin for a stomp that doesn't lose the low end I have with the pedal bypassed or engaged. John's bud that mods stomps..supposed to maintain that low end..I want to try one..

What about that Maxon..does that maintain the low end of your amp..your thoughts are appreciated. It always has great reviews, and used by lots of pros and I see them praised here as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X