Goatwhore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goatwhore

Wondering if anyone else like or heard of these guys? I consider myself a big fan of theirs, have listened to all of their albums repeatly, seen them live numerous times. Truly cool guys that will take time to talk to you at a show. Really like their shit, anyone else?

Yes! I love them.

Comment

Yes, I love `em too...
      Great music!!!!

But, I love Darkthrone far more...
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

More of an Acid Bath fan myself, but I thought it was interesting that after AB Dax's stuff sounded like the lighter AB stuff and Goatwhore sounded like the heavier parts.
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
          More of an Acid Bath fan myself, but I thought it was interesting that after AB Dax's stuff sounded like the lighter AB stuff and Goatwhore sounded like the heavier parts.
          They do what they know best!

Comment

I LOVE GOATWHORE! I believe they are from poughkeepsie, new york, which is where all the shows are here... they played the chance with celtic frost a couple weeks before my band did... I had to miss that show tho
            "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
            Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
            Dimebag Darrell
            Chuck Schuldiner
            Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
              I LOVE GOATWHORE! I believe they are from poughkeepsie, new york, which is where all the shows are here... they played the chance with celtic frost a couple weeks before my band did... I had to miss that show tho
              Yeah, unfortunately Celtic Frost wasnt with them when they came to nashville. When I see them this time God Forbid will be with them. Curious to see how God Forbid is live. Last time I saw Goatwhore Ben said,"Next time we come around we will be with a REAL black metal band."

I thought that was quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post

They're from New Orleans, Luisiana.
                Ben also does vx for Soilent Green, and Sammy and Zack has some Black Metal sideproject which I can't remember the name of.

Sammy used to be a Jackson endorsee...

Comment

Originally posted by Tornet View Post
                  Ben also does vx for Soilent Green, and Sammy and Zack has some Black Metal sideproject which I can't remember the name of.

Sammy and Zack Nolan( Goatwhore's original drummer ) are in Ritual Killer with the singer of Bile. Sammy and Zack Simmons (Goatwhore's present drummer) I believe are in Vaal with Audrie Pitre's brother.

Yeah, I like Soilent Green also. Ben has to memberize a lot of words
                  A lot of my friends including me are fans of the New Orleans metal scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Tornet View Post

oh... someone told me that they're from around here, and I just took his word for it... NOLA's cool though. he's in Soilent Green? I never knew that...

R.I.P.
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    Chuck Schuldiner
                    Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Goolash View Post
                      Sammy and Zack Nolan( Goatwhore's original drummer ) are in Ritual Killer with the singer of Bile. Sammy and Zack Simmons (Goatwhore's present drummer) I believe are in Vaal with Audrie Pitre's brother.

Yeah, I like Soilent Green also. Ben has to memberize a lot of words
                      A lot of my friends including me are fans of the New Orleans metal scene.
                      Aha, they're different Zacks! We toured with the first Zack in 2003. Glad he's still doing stuff with Sammy 'cause he's the coolest of guys.
                      I just assumed he was back in Goatwhore.

Ben is a very, very sick person...

To be honest I've only heard Acid Bath, Goatwhore, Soilent Green, a few songs from Ritual Killer and Crowbar(which I understand is from Luisiana), but they all rule!
                      Only played there once with Immolation, Goatwhore and Crematorium, great gig but hot as hell! June 2003!

Comment

Acid Bath!!!!

R.I.P.
                        Dimebag Darrell
                        Chuck Schuldiner
                        Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Goolash View Post
                          Yeah, unfortunately Celtic Frost wasnt with them when they came to nashville. When I see them this time God Forbid will be with them. Curious to see how God Forbid is live. Last time I saw Goatwhore Ben said,"Next time we come around we will be with a REAL black metal band."

I thought that was quite funny.
                          Celtic Frost are great too...
                          Love their new record : Monotheist
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/gotw.htm
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                              Celtic Frost are great too...
                              Love their new record : Monotheist
                              +100000000

R.I.P.
                              Dimebag Darrell
                              Chuck Schuldiner
                              Cliff Burton

Comment