Twisted Sister at the HOB in Anaheim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted Sister at the HOB in Anaheim

I saw Twisted Sister at the HOB in Anaheim last Thursday during the NAMM show. It was a private party for Electro-Voice. They only played five songs, but it was a great show. Well, except the first song - during You Can't Stop Rock N' Roll, Dee's microphone didn't work 95% of the time. Once they got it straightened out, Dee said, "Who made this fucking microphone?" Priceless...
    The best part was when they played Silver Bells off their Christmas CD...imagine a bunch of aging rockers banging their heads and shouting "Silver Bells!" during the chorus.

I saw them at the HOB in Atlantic City on Dec 23rd. It was actually a good show, much better than I expected. They played for about 2 hours and I couldn't believe how many little kids were there. Not teenagers but actual little kids, right up front too.

Comment

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but was is the "HOB???"

I can't believe that they are still going all these years later. I did hear that they are near the end of the "road" and will be breaking up again soon. I hope I get to see them again before they do (if that is really true.) I'll never forget the first time I saw them back when I was still in High School when they were just a local act here on Long Island back in the late 70's! Man, I used to watch them from just a few feet away in the small clubs around here. Little did I know they'd still be going 28 years later!!!!!!!!

Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Scratch that question I asked earlier. I just figured out HOB. My other comment still stands though!
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

He said on his radio show,something about rethinking breaking up,because of the Christmas success.

Comment

I got a copy of the Christmas album from a friend who works at the record label that put it out. It's hilarious...especially the way O Come All Ye Faithful sounds just like We're Not Gonna Take It. They even throw in the same solo.
            Scott

Comment

Yeah Dee joked that they hoped the Christmas album would kill their career, but it actually made it take off again.

Comment

Why did I just this no hear of this cd? cool you got to see them.

Comment

Those kids are all the illegitimate childern they've fathered over the years.
                  Strat God Music
                  http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Working...
                  X