Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dew Scented - anyone?

hi all

is anyone of you into dew scented? i guarantee you thats some SERIOUS thrash metal. fuckin' heavy, really. they kinda remind me of newer exodus stuff crossed with malevolent creation...go figure. as i said, damn heavy [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] so i really recommend them

greets
    fragle

Re: Dew Scented - anyone?

Impact is one hell of an album. Don't listen to that one while driving. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    They're a good liveband as well, saw them last December and they really rocked. They now use Ibanez, though, when they toured for Inwards they still had their Jacksons... both guitarists use some kind of Engl rack stuff.

Comment

Hell yeah Dew Scented kill....I've been into 'em since right aorund when Inwards came out...best thrash out there in my opinion, more aggression, less melodic tendencies [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

...although I do enjoy some good melodic death/thrash metal (At The Gates are probably my favourite band of all time)...

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:

but to come back to the engl thing: really strange, because all engl amps i've played and all clips i've heard sound quite different from the impact sound. in fact, impact sounds more like marshall 800 crossed with peavey 5150....i even hear some solid state high end?! i always knew my hearing is wrong [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

greets
        fragle
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dew-Scented are fucking great! I've got there last three albums (Ill-Natured, Inwards and Impact). Speaking about DS gear, I read on there old homepage that hendrix (before flo joined the band) used a Boss GT-6 thru a Marshall JCM 900. Now Hendrix plugs thru a Laney VH100r. There rhythm sound is the definition of Thrash tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruxspin:
          There rhythm sound is the definition of Thrash tone.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">definetely. thats a hell of a tone. makes me searching for a laney [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          just checked their website....jcm900 and laney vh100r....no engl. i'll see it this summer (can't wait, really [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

but i like the tone of the new exodus album, too. does anybody know if they still use marshall 800 and 2 boss overdrives for boosting?

its a shame that most thrash tones suck for lead playing imo.....when it comes to lead playing theres NOTHING better than a boogie mk2+ . period. but rythm...damn, rythm...metallica, slayer, anthrax, exodus...i LOVE thrash [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

greets
          fragle

Comment

oh, engl, really? cool..
            yeah, you are absolutely right, impact is KILLER.
            i'm glad to see them this summer (together with kataklysm, malevolent creation, final breath,.....).....that will be cool, thats for sure [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

but to come back to the engl thing: really strange, because all engl amps i've played and all clips i've heard sound quite different from the impact sound. in fact, impact sounds more like marshall 800 crossed with peavey 5150....i even hear some solid state high end?! i always knew my hearing is wrong [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

greets
            fragle

Comment

I am very sure that they used Engl rackmount stuff, because I was sober that evening and remember seeing them plug their stuff in and out of the Engls [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Whatever they use though, it definitely rocks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I like the singer on Impact better than on Inwards as well. On Inwards, he annoyed me to no end after three songs, but on Impact it just works great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Baum83:

I like the singer on Impact better than on Inwards as well. On Inwards, he annoyed me to no end after three songs, but on Impact it just works great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same singer on inwards is on impact dude. Maybe you weren't as sober as you thought you were that night [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

His vocal approach has change a lot since the start of the band though. Maybe you just got an album or two mixed up.

I can't wait till they come to the states so I can go check'em out. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I know it's the same singer, I just couldn't stand him on Inwards, that's what I meant to say. Whatever he does differently now, it sounds better to my ears [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  They're a good liveband, also quite funny. "The next song is about our hometown whateverhausen, it's called... 'City of the dead!'" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

*lol* that song could be about MY hometown [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, nice to see that some of you enjoy good german thrash metal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

is anyone into nagelfar? great german black metal...a pity that they dont exist any longer [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                    and of course....tankard [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

greets
                    fragle

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:

is anyone into nagelfar? great german black metal...a pity that they dont exist any longer [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean Naglfar? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

Comment

Shaddup, you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

So the answer is no.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

by the way, naglfar (without "e") is from sweden i believe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Dew-Scented's last two discs - especially "Imapct" - are really, really cool. Pure violence recorded - I love it!

The drummer's GOT to get tired, though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X