FEAR FACTORY's OLDE WOLBERS: Signature Guitar Due This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEAR FACTORY's OLDE WOLBERS: Signature Guitar Due This Summer

FEAR FACTORY guitarist Christian Olde Wolbers has a signature series seven-string model coming out from Jackson Guitars. Christian designed the custom model with the people at Jackson and it will be available for the NAMM music convention this summer. In addition, Olde Wolbers and Phil Demmel from MACHINE HEAD will be teaming up for a new advertising campaign for the Jackson Guitar company. More information will be made available soon.

Just appeared on blabbermouth.

Cool. If its a good model then this will be my first 7 string for sure.

Re: FEAR FACTORY\'s OLDE WOLBERS: Signature Guitar Due This Summer

I don't think they should bring out a signature model for him, he isn't really that popular. They should how ever make a new line of 7 strings. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousteve:
      I don't think they should bring out a signature model for him, he isn't really that popular. They should how ever make a new line of 7 strings. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seriously. Out of all the fantastic Jackson players, why a 7 string for the fear factory dude?

Jackson attack on the ESP and Ibanez Market !

Comment

TJ, I've got the album. Dino was the problem.

Trust me, this thing crushes.

FINALLY! A 7 string production US Jackson!

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Well at the very least, it's a new poster name for Jackson. They won't fill the shoes of Mustaine by a longshot, but Fear Factory is still pretty well known among metal heads. Shows that FMIC is doing at least something. Mmmm...looking forward to hearing the new disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
            TJ, I've got the album. Dino was the problem.

Trust me, this thing crushes.

FINALLY! A 7 string production US Jackson!

Mike
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah? Interesting. I heard part of an interview with them on the local metal station a couple weeks ago. I was in my car and wasn't paying that much attention, but the one or two new tracks I heard I didn't really think were anything special. It will be cool to have a production 7-string, though, especially if it's got the SLS headstock. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Having listened to it about a dozen times, I would say that it didn't seem to floor me at first, but I keep finding myself wanting to listen to it, which is usually a pretty good endorsement from me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think the one Christain plays actually has a reverse pointy headstock, sadly. The SLS works MUCH better for staying in tune, even if you wouldn't know it by my high B string last Saturday.

Mike

Comment

I used to love FF when they first came out. When they first came out I think it was probably the first time I had ever heard anyone sign in both a clean style and a “death growl” style. I always loved their guitar tone too. It really fit the “Sci-Fi” type vibe they were going after.

But, I don’t know about endorsing this guy. I have seen them live a ton of times and he was never even impressive on bass. Why doesn’t Jackson go after a real metal player? I think it is sad that a lot of the guys out there are forced to play other brands and you know they would love to be endorsed by Jackson if given the choice. I don’t think Jackson endorses one “extreme Metal” band that I really like, except maybe the guy in Goatwhore.

Comment

You ever think that maybe it's because Fear Factory is one of the best known a most liked bands among metalheads on the face of the earth? EVERYBODY that is even a little bit into metal knows Fear Factory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Endorsements have nothing to do with how good a player is and everything to do with visibility.

Comment

yeah, ok...so I Was right, he Was the bass player...hmm, all I ever saw about him in photos was that he played custom fender 5 string basses. the whole natural ash jazz body, with the maple/maple neck with the black squares, the whole 70's deal...this is interesting...I wonder what those new sig's will look like...

Comment

Ding! Ding! Ding! Somebody give Mikey the prize - I was just waiting for a high-profile seven string player to order a couple of CS guitars.

Check the pics on www.fearfactory.com - he has a couple of one-hum Soloists, tunomatic and string-thru, with reversed headstocks and what looks like an ebony board with no inlays.

Hmm, I wonder how much to route a neck pickup? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

Last I checked Phil Collen is pretty much the only one still holding down the fort in the Sig models, didn't they lose Scott Ian too? ...So come on... whether FF is high profile enough or whatever is not that important.

Black mariah was right, FF is well known for metal, the visibility will be good, and some more artist sig models are long overdue. Jackson has to do something to get back out there, getting FF in my opinion will be great, ..certainly won't hurt anything.

Comment

Looks like a really cool guitar. As I'm starting to get into 7-string playing, I wouldn't mind getting one if they offered a version with a Floyd (which they probably won't). From the picture on the FF site, this guy looks like too much of a basher to be able to use a Floyd.

Comment

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/fefa.htm
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have no problem with him playing guitar in FF and I'm glad he's got a sig Jackson. To the guy who said he was not an impressive bass player, the deal is that he is not a bass player. He was a guitar player when he joined FF and Dino forced him to play bass the jerk he was. It would have been interesting to hear FF's stuff with a 2 guitar interplay going on but alas that day is past and we finally get to hear Christian play guitar not just the bass that was forced upon him.

Oh, and BTW, much of the time on the records Dino recorded the bass too so it was as if he was never in the band till Dino left.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X