FEAR FACTORY's OLDE WOLBERS: Signature Guitar Due This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FEAR FACTORY\'s OLDE WOLBERS: Signature Guitar Due This Summer

Christian was always Fear Factory's bass player, then they broke up. They secretly got back together without guitar player Dino, then he starts playing guitar instead of bass?!? Fuck Fear Factory now.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's a guy out there called Loomis that uses 7 strings guitars... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd love to see Loomis, Rusty, Andy Laroque and Trey Azagthoth endorsed by Jackson tho. These are reeeeeeeaaaaaaal player. Fucking shreds and innovative too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Um, Rusty WAS endorsed by Jackson. He went to Conklin 'cause the CS was so backed up that they couldn't get him 7 strings at the pace he needed them. Since I waited 16 months or so for mine, I can relate.

I'd like to see Loomis, too, but FF sells about 15 times the number of discs, so it's understandable from a marketing standpoint. After all, that's what endorsers and sig models are all about...

Personally, I'll be happy just to see a US-made production 7 string. Even BC Rich and Schecter make you custom order one, although some stores order them anyway, I guess. Only the Petrucci is really a "stock" model, and they only make like 50 a year, from what I understand.

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Holy shite, I didn't even know FF were back together. That's really cool. I had no idea that fat Dino was such a prick. Good for Christian that he's gone now.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'm happy about it. Sweet looking guitar, too!

Comment

Yeah, it's nice and...ummm..plain black [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'm sure it's nice and all, but what's with the crouching thing? Don't folks wanna be seen on stage anymore? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Fear Factory are ok in my book - any time a non-rap, non-pop, and non-suckass-ballad band gets a CONTRACT to do the music for a video game series is ok by me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Even though I don't particularly like that series of video games [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  what's with the crouching thing? Don't folks wanna be seen on stage anymore? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can only see one leg in that picture - he's supporting himself with the guitar! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

j/k of course. Very cool axe. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like those guitars too.

anyone know for sure about if they're neck-through or bolt-on?

in one of the studio pics, I think I saw that one of his guitars was a bolt-on.

Comment

Neck-thru!

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Seriously, I'm sure it's nice and all, but what's with the crouching thing? Don't folks wanna be seen on stage anymore? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're taking his crouching too seriously. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think that guitar looks great with a regular shiny black finish. Only thing I don't like about that guitar is it's lack of a neck pickup, and that piece of foam behind the nut.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                          [qb]and that piece of foam behind the nut.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The piece of foam behind the nut helps keep the extra vibrations/overtones from the downtuned lowest string. I had to do that on my Carvin with reversed headstock. I tune it to Eb, but when I do the Drop Db thing, I can hear slight overtones ringing out behind the nut, and I only use 10-46 gauge strings. http://onlinerock.com/services/toejam//cg.jpg
                          I saw a pic where Dimebag did the same thing on one of his guitars in the studio, even though it had a Floyd nut, and he described the annoying sound coming from behind the nut.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know why the piece of foam is there, but I find electrical tape to work better. Just my preference. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                              it's lack
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You mean to tell me "it's" isn't possessive? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X