Zakk Wylde & Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zakk Wylde & Jackson

actually, I'd like to think Tom's a pretty innovative guitarist, and Steve Lukather also thinks so.

Comment

take his volume knob swells away and he is nothin' in my book. steve lukather must have been smoking angel dust. he's a player.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

It's PC to call Morello innovative because his old band was political. He reminds me of your average 14-year-old with 6 months under his belt, checking out someone's pedalboard for the first time.

And yeah, Lukather loves his party favors
        alright. He was high as a kite on his instructional video - but still played great on it!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Morello can shred when he needs to [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

Morello is like Steve Stevens on steroids. He's about as fast and clean as anyone out there when he feels like it, and can play just about any style. Actually, he's a legit monster player; he can seriously wail. There are few well known guitarists out there who don't have a lot of respect for him.

Comment

I agree about Morello...I don't see how calling him good has anything to do with being PC. I've never heard anyone play like that.

Comment

Morello admits to being influenced by Vernon Reid, and I think his use of sound effects is a simplified, more-easily-digestible version of what Vernon does. I don't mind what he does though, but it always seemed like Vernon-lite to me.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Lerxst, Luke was SO baked for that vid! I watch it sometimes to get a laugh. He does shred on it though!

Comment

Yeah, he's great. I like the lick where he says,"usually I play it fast, then slow it down, but THIS lick I'm playing SLOW first. Then he plays a fast lick, then plays a friggin BLUR! Then he snickers at the slack-jaw goobers he knows are watching the video! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Boxcar et al, if Morello can shred, he needs to do it on his stuff that's played on radio. I haven't heard anything impressive fro the RATM and Audioslave stuff that I've heard on radio, and none of that stuff would prompt me to buy a CD. Having said that,
                    I do realize that many bands' best stuff doesn't reach radio, so I suppose it's possible. I just go by what I hear, and I haven't heard him play anything that impressed me.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      It's PC to call Morello innovative because his old band was political. He reminds me of your average 14-year-old with 6 months under his belt, checking out someone's pedalboard for the first time.

And yeah, Lukather loves his party favors
                      alright. He was high as a kite on his instructional video - but still played great on it!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's when i was at my best lerx.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Re: Zakk Wylde &amp; Jackson

man, I miss my korg multi effects unit that I plugged into my peavey bandit back in teh day. That thing was fun. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think one of those RATM songs were the first ones I learned. Bull on Parade...maybe.

couldn't have been that hard...I'd only been playing a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                        X