Guitar hero for the new generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar hero for the new generation

His name is Synyster Gates, he is the lead guitarist in the band Avenged Sevenfold. Go here and check them out... http://www.notpopular.com/media.php ....song towards called the bottom called Second Heartbeat...great song, great guitar solo at the end.

[ March 16, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Boxcar Willie 84 ]

Re: Guitar hero for the new generation

URL not found

Comment

I fixed it, sorry about that.

Comment

hmmmm
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Avenged Sevenfold is a awesome Metal Band.

I wish i could shred like them. Second Heart Beat Solo reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteem.

Comment

Great stuff! I just wonder if they are going to make it into a world-wide success. They definitly deserve to be respected. Durst - go home!

Comment

Sounds good!

Though I don't know if he would qualify as a guitar hero. The faster and sweeping parts of the solo reminds me of Kirk Hammet... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Right now he's about the best we got...Avenged Sevenfold seems poised for as big of a success as they can get, since they really don't discriminate methods of promotion...they say that they'll play anywhere to get their music out there as long as they can play what they want. By the way I picked up their lastest album last night and it's killer...called Waking the Fallen.

Comment

Oh man I'm glad somebody else likes these guys. I've been a fan of them for about a year now and thought I was the only one who really knew who they were.

Comment

The music was good, but i can't get past that style of screaming and yelling. Can't singers sing anymore?

Comment

On the album the dude sings a lot more than he screams...that was a turn off to me at first, but sometimes you gotta delve a little deeper, yknow?

Comment

im sorry but when i read that name i laughed.

Comment

I agree with Boxcar. Synyster Gates is trained also. I think he went to MI. And the screaming comes form the genre of O.C. (orange county, cali) hardcore, and hardcore in general.

but, boxcar, there a re a lot of players out there bro!
                          I mean, jon donais of shadows fall, teppei teranishi of thrice, hardcore's got a slew of heroes, man!

Comment

I believe they also have a song on the PS2 game soundtrack for "Nascar Thunder 2004"
                            E = Fb

Comment

Seventh I've plugged Jon on this board before too, and last summer I saw Teppei live...I think he's good but I'm not the biggest Thrice fan. Other guys I've supported recently are the guys in Bleeding Through, who are from the same scene as Avenged Sevenfold and used to play Charvel/Jacksons.

Comment

Working...
                              X