Lynch tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch tonight

Going to see Lynch tonight. They re-opened a metal club we use to go to in the 80's. Its lynch headlining, not with yngwie. The show is $7, yep seven bucks. Report and setlist to follow.

Re: Lynch tonight

I wanna go.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

George did a clinic in Elkhart,Indiana a year and half ago.It was a blast.Did some solo stuff with a tape of backing tracks then answered questions(alot of Randy Rhoads related ones)then played with a drummer and bassist.He was super cool.His daughter sold his merchandise for him...Cort

Comment

New Geo project from georgelynch.com:

3/15/2004
        New Solo Record from George Lynch

Titled "Furious George" is set to come out on Shrapnel in April. “It is a compilation of sometimes-obscure songs that were inspirational to me growing up playing guitar” George said. Covered is "Blood of the Sun" by Mountain, "Precious and Grace" by ZZ top, "Bridge of Sighs" by Robin Trower, "Space Station #5" by Montrose, "dancing madly backwards" by Captain Beyond, "StormBringer" by Deep Purple, "Superstitious" by Jeff Beck, "All along the Watchtower" by Hendrix, "she's so heavy" by the Beatles and a Grand Funk railroad song. Look for this new CD on sale in the Mob Shop in April. www.georgelynch.com

Comment

Furious George [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Is George gonna be at the guitar show in Dallas next month???
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Update:
              Sorry can't name setlist song for song was just listening and having fun.

It was St Patty's day
              Just getting home a day later with very little sleep and a lot of alchol in my bloodstream

what I remember off the top of my head which I seem to have lost.

tooth and nail-the song and someother tunes
              breaking the chains
              song of sacared groove-The coolest one forget the name
              Prisoner
              Wicked Sensation
              Voodo Chile

Sorry guyshad a blast.

2 warm ups local

Lynch came on at 12:00pm
              I think they have been playing every night.
              At first he was a seemed a little out of it. But as the night went on he really stated to shred. I was 3 foot from him, stood in front of the rack all night.

He played two of his old marshalls, had a full tone a couple of other boxes I didn't recognize. My buddy said one was a mutron. He played the strathead esp bengal all night. i don't remember, was that a charvel with a esp logo added. He stayed in tune all night, never changed guitars and only adjusted the fine tuners once.

Anyway the rythm tone was pretty muddy and a little over distorted. But his lead tone was killer. Basically the whole show is set up around Lynch. He got really hot as the night went on. He did a lot of extended solos where he would just shred and the band would just play along until he finished. His playing really was great.

He was really cool. They played until almost 2am-closing time here. He played his heart out. He was really tearing it up, and putting for a lot of effort.I had a great time. After the show he hung out, signed autographs(pics, guitars,whatever) and met everyone that came to the show. I talked with him and said something stupid(of course), he was real humble and genuinely nice.

Everyone should go out and see him if they get a chance. We all sit around and wonder why there aren't a lot of shredders any more. The reason is cause we don't support them. Everyone sits around saying this guy ain't as good as this guy ect. We always want to see the new european metal band that doesn't hardly ever come here. Wonder why jackson doesn't have more endorsers, cause everyone sits around saying this guy ain't anything comepared to this gut. So, get out and support some of the guys that are the reason we are lead players. If all of us self proclaimed shredders were out support all the bands, there would be more than hip hop on the radio. We let are letting rock guitar die, then we ***** about it.

Comment

Geo is a really cool dude. My fiance and I have hung out several times with him (a few times on his tour bus with Rob, Anthony, and Chas) in NYC, NY state, and NJ and once at an after tour get together at their hotel room in NY. G extended everything to us (food, drink, stories) and we didn't get home until 6:30AM [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We're seeing him again coming up on the 28th and then again on April 1.

G and him music have our full support [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey fullshred,where is he playing?I assume your from NY or NJ.I would love to catch his show.George Lynch and Warren DeMartini are the two guys that made me wanna play.It would be cool to meet him.

Comment

Kev, we've got tickets to "The Chance" in Poughkeepsie, NY on March 28th (next Sunday) and we have tix for the new "Starland Ballroom" in Sayerville, NJ (nice place run by Art Stock after he lost his liquor license at the old Birch Hill in Old Bridge,NJ (too many under age drinkers). His other investor put his name up for the new license and between their 3MM is looks great) imo. YJM is playing both those gigs, and G is the opening act. He told me this week that Yngwie is being a ***** but he's dealing with him. Yngyang gobbles up soundcheck time almost as much as he throws Krispy Kremes down his throat [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Yngwie is also playing Mulcahy's out on the Island, a one-off for G.

'shred

Comment

Bwahaha...I never cared for Malmsteen,I am not taking anything away from him,he is an extremely talented technical guitarist,I just didn't vibe with what he was doing.I am going to look into the show at Poughkeepsie though,see if they still got tickets available.Thanks for the info.You know after all these years I thought he would have toned down the ego..

Comment

At the show here in Houston, George was signing autographs after his set. I got there about 30 seconds too late. I didn't know he was doing it. I was so mad at myself for not knowing. I was crushed. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Oh well, at least I got to see him jam up close.

Comment

I would be crushed also. I'm 32 years old and he is my hero, pretty sad, huh? Anyway, I'm hoping that he is at the Dallas guitar show next month.
                          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Just curious, for any of you guys that have seen the recent shows - how is the vocalist w/ the Lynch Band sounding, & is he playing any guitar?

Comment

I thought the singer sounded pretty good. I don't remember his name though. He played guitar (a cherry sunburst Les Paul) on a few numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X