Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

I was watching Uranium Classics, on Fuse the other night, and I saw an old W.A.S.P. video. It was "I wanna be somebody", and one of the guitar players, (Chris Holmes?) was playing a Jackson. Now I'm old, and I forget stuff that I knew back in the 80's. What does he have spelled out on the back of the neck of that Jackson?

My girlfriend was laughing her ass off, at the what had to be some of the cheesiest videeos to come out of the 80's, and what made it worse, was I knew some of the lyrics, but couldn't tell her what it said on the back of that neck. I knew all those bong hits were gonna catch up to me someday! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Dumb Question

Check out this site, for outstanding information on Chris Holmes and his guitars!

http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/thunderhead/

I think that he was playing his black w/white bevels Rhoads in that particular video. If so, then the back of the neck says "I'm A Animal" Not exactly grammatically correct, but perfect for Chris Holmes~ [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish you had taped that, Kev; I need to learn IWBS for MetalJam!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=003176
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Me and the VCR aren't getting along right now, and he's winning the battle, Ron. A guy at work loaned me a tape, from the early eighties, and it had Vinnie Vincent, and Bruce Kulick, playing all there favorite videos, like a pre-cursor to Headbangers ball. Well, the freakin' VCR decides to take a dump, about 40 minutes in to this killer video, and I about had a heart attack when it started to eat the tape!

You couldn't learn that song by watching the video, anyways. It's one of those videos where they're all jumping around, then standing real close, then jumping around, you know, the usual eighties heavy metal video formula. Lots of good shots of Blackie Lawless' saw blade wrist bands though!

Metalcop, I'll check out that link, but I can't remember what guitar he was playing, other than I know it was Jackson.

Comment

Working...
        X