Your gonna love this RHODES fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your gonna love this RHODES fans!

RANDY RHOADS' ROCKWALK Induction Marred By Misspelling Shocker - Mar. 18, 2004

Legendary OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Randy Rhoads' induction into Hollywood's RockWalk earlier today turned downright embarrassing when the bronze bust unveiled during the ceremony and later installed along the RockWalk posthumous inductee wall displayed the guitarist's often-misspelled last name as "Rhodes" (an error that has since apparently been corrected).

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Your gonna love this RHODES fans!

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] god, if you're going to be doing something as big as this, at LEAST get the guys last name right! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] what a bunch of morons!

kevin
    the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Hmm...nothing in the article about a large headbanger throwing a fit and kicking their asses? Ron was going to be there, wasn't he? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
        Hmm...nothing in the article about a large headbanger throwing a fit and kicking their asses? Ron was going to be there, wasn't he? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya know...I haven't seen Ron here yet....maybe [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Or perhaps he was abducted by our favorite beloved leprechaun and is being tortured as we speak [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=1;t=002116

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Must we have 2 topics about this? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'll post more details on the other thread later...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
            and later installed along the RockWalk posthumous inductee wall displayed the guitarist's often-misspelled last name as "Rhodes" (an error that has since apparently been corrected).

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you find that? Or did you make it up?

1. The plaque was not installed
            2. The error has not been corrected...yet

I know, I was there...I gained entry to the big cheese's office - the sanctum sanctorum...the plaque is hidden behind the boss's desk...new one will be ready in 4 days...watch the other thread...you know, the one you should have read first?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Twas on blabber mouth. Why would I make it up.

Actually from the time I started to post there was no mention of this in the other thread yet, but I took my time so it must have come up. I also tried to make sure it was in the right forum as I know how personally you take these mistakes.

There is no need to patronise me and or any need to get your pants in a twist over something as trivial as a post on a forum. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

...There is LOTS MORE on this MAJOR FAUX-PAUX, and LOTS of GREAT PICS by simply > > CLICKING HERE < <

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Blabbermouth misspelled "Motorhead"
                  "Mota-rhead" in their article about the misspelling of "Rhoads", listing Lemmy as one of the attendees! Smooth move, Blabber-Lax!

Jeremy, a lot of people are just rather upset that this happened at Randy's Rock Walk induction ceremony.
                  Since the thread title relating to the award ceremony didn't refer to the misspelling, it's understandable
                  that you might not have caught it in General Jackson/Charvel. The gaffe
                  trivialized a solemn ceremony and upset a lot of fans, and imagine how Randy's mother and sister felt! Folks who loved Randy care for his surviving family too, and this rather sucked; it's not a laughing matter as you might think.

Anyway, don't take it personally; it's a reaction to a spelling error spoiling an occasion that was far too late coming anyway.

[ March 21, 2004, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Relax, guys. It's okay. I fixed it:
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

NIce; I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to photoshop that. Looks much better that way too. You can see the disgust in the faces of those who were the closest to Randy. (IE Ozzy, ZAkk, Deloris, Sharon etc.. They totally killed the occasion by a spelling error. I dont blame them for being annoyed I am.
                      Reminds me of an award I got once at work for employee of the month back in my Micky D's days. They mispelled my name so it kind of killed the mood of it but it was the thought that counted. I still have the plaque too. Not the misspelled one though. You'ld think with something as important as this the plaque maker would've mae sure it was spelled right and the ones spnsering it would've double checked too. Sheesh.
                      Some peoples kids.
                      Gil

Comment

Hey, that's Yngwie there! The world is small.

Comment

And Yngwie is large.

Comment

That's why the world is so small. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              And Yngwie is large.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              And so are his chins. Jeez.
                              "Mr. Malmsteen, please step away from the Krispy Kremes"
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X