Jeff Loomis Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Loomis Video

Hey there, i'm new on this Board. This is my first post.

I'm a HUGE Jeff Loomis fan...I think he is the best guitar player in the world [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , is there anyone who knows where i can see some video's from jeff? because i would love to see him play.

(Ps i already naild the solo's from the track Enemy's of Reality) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jeff Loomis Video

if you get the special edition of Enemies of Reality, there is a bonus DVD with the CD. It features 3 videos and 2 concert clips.

Or you can find two of them here: http://www.immortalvideos.com/downloadables.htm
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
      if you get the special edition of Enemies of Reality, there is a bonus DVD with the CD. It features 3 videos and 2 concert clips.

Or you can find two of them here: http://www.immortalvideos.com/downloadables.htm
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks vitaminG

I guess i will have to search online for the special edition cd because in my local cd shop they only have the normal edition.

Damn i would really like to see some clips of his playing...i saw them live this year in Holland butt i could't take a closer look on Jeff because i was involved in a huge circle pit hehe [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

For some videos of loomis's playing up close that are a decent quality, try to find the videos from the Century Media gig they did down in California with like 6 other CM bands... They did Engines of Hate and Beyond with in and there are some decent closeups. The music video for Enemies of Reality is cut down quite a bit and lots of the little lead parts are cut down / shortened / removed. Also I don't think he's playing exactly with the audio.

I've seen them live about... 6 or 7 times and he does indeed shred it up. When they played at Seattle Metalfest over last summer they did a killer gig and the CD release party was also nothing short of awesome (though I missed that). There are some stuff floating around the internet labeled as "the Jeff Loomis Demos". Its audio of him doing shredding and solo guitar stuff that's pretty cool (if its really him). I'll ask some of my friends if they have any videos that have closeups of him soloing..

Comment

Welcome Dion den Hoed! The fact that you like Jeff Loomis means you already rock! Unless you say something really, really stupid (such as what I'm saying), that rockitude will be taken from you.

Awesome signature, BTW! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
            Welcome Dion den Hoed! The fact that you like Jeff Loomis means you already rock! Unless you say something really, really stupid (such as what I'm saying), that rockitude will be taken from you.

Awesome signature, BTW! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man,

Yeah Jeff has been my main influence. Every time i listen to him i can't beleave my ears... i mean there are some badass shredders in the world but jeff is also a damn great songwriter and riffer.

Comment

those demos are him....if youre interested i have some older demos from his band before he went to nevermore er moved to seattle.....hes originally from my area....pm me if you want to hear some. i may be able to also get a video of him just playing around. ill talk to my buddy who used to room with him tonight.
              www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

I've got to become friends with Jeff and I too think he's amazing ...he and Tim Calvert gave me his their ph# numbers ..I've talked to Tim but never Jeff ...but I always hook up with him when he comes to town

That dude is so humble ...he' doesn't even think s he's that good....WTF!!!???

Hey those Demos is that the Fear tech stuff when he was like 17 years old ...I got that stuff ...he was always incredible!!!

Do you know that he was up for Grabs in Megadeth but Mustaine didn't want to get shown up by some baby faced shredder...he looked really young for his age at that time ...shit he still does!

If anyone sees Jeff tell him Bill "The Law " from Cleveland says whaaaaaaaaazuuuuup! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jeff is the man! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ March 20, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

no bill i think they are experiment fear stuff....which by the way are still together,, but its old scholl death metal.....ill tell my buddy to tell him you said that.....yeah the fear tech stuff is cool too....
                  www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

You guys are so lucky to know Jeff. I live in Holland but i am planning to come to the US. I will cleary go to Seattle and try to meet Jeff hopefully. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I will grap some Jackson's too when i'm in the states...they are damn expensive over here [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

I also admire Jeff for being so modest, unlike some players like alexie laiho. Like Bill said, he think's he's oke......goddamn he's the fucking KING. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shit I didn't know that . fuck I should have waited . are they acually dvd tracks ? I bought my in flames ep thinking that and they were just mpegs . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dion den Hoed:
                        You guys are so lucky to know Jeff. I live in Holland but i am planning to come to the US. I will cleary go to Seattle and try to meet Jeff hopefully. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I will grap some Jackson's too when i'm in the states...they are damn expensive over here [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

I also admire Jeff for being so modest, unlike some players like alexie laiho. Like Bill said, he think's he's oke......goddamn he's the fucking KING. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">jeff is realy cool dude ... and buy him a beer and a smoke [a cig] and he'll talk your ear off about gear for hours , we [me and dave] acually had jeffs roadie say to him jeff fuck man come on time to play , cause we were bull shiting with him for 1 hour or so before the show very cool dude and very humble he showed us his whole rig and set up , shit he even gave me his 7 string to try out and asked me my opinion about it , curren was very nice too but had a bit of additude but he was sick so who cares all the dudes in nevermore were cool guys we were gonna got have beers with em after but they ended up driving right to Vancouver for the next show the next day , and I had one to many lol beers that night lol . it was hard to top any show off with that experiance we almost had the opening spot but problems with getting or drummer up here and the opening band smokes dope with the promoter alot so no we didn't get it bastards ! they weren't even nevermore fans . that would have toped the night off nicely forsure ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">shit I didn't know that . fuck I should have waited . are they acually dvd tracks ? I bought my in flames ep thinking that and they were just mpegs . //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, I have that century media 10th anniversary DVD. Shadows' Fall has the best performance on it. they totally kill. Nevermore's sound is not balanced very well on teh DVD. neither is SYL's but..its good if you want to watch Jeff's technique over and over and overagain. THere's only like..2 different camera angles the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                          X