JP warm up video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP warm up video

hi folks.......for all you guys who say JP isnt that amazing....check this out, and be prepaired to shit your pants [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Taken from Jordan Rudess' Wizard's Log:

http://www.jordanrudess.com/vid/jpwarmup.mpg

scary....

greets
    fragle

Re: JP warm up video

I still don't think that will win many people over. Of course He's good, but... Where's the style? Does his style consist of metronomically playing notes? Seeing players like Randy Rhoads or Jason Becker are the ones that really floor me. I'm sorry too, but He looks really dorky since He cut his hair. Looks like Bud Bundy from Married With Children.

Comment

Well... I didn't shit my pants but I did get a good case of the runs. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Who's JP?

Comment

john petrucci, dream theater guitarist

and well....of course those licks dont reflect his style, man, its just warm up. if he would record this and use it for one of dt's songs i would say that he may be technically good, but has no clue when it comes to composition. but considering that its just warm up shred i thing its quite amazing. he's really insanely fast

greets
          fragle

Comment

Oh! I shit my pants! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I shit my pants out of laughter at the idea that anyone'd shit their pants when they see this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyJobe:
              Of course He's good, but... Where's the style? Does his style consist of metronomically playing notes?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Read the title, its a WARM UP video.. Dream Theater has some great melodies, you might not like JP and I have no problem with that, but he does have his own style and he can be very melodic.

Comment

Originally posted by mt:

I shit my pants out of laughter at the idea that anyone'd shit their pants when they see this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and i'm still waiting for clips of your playing. you have to be REALLY good in order to justify your arrogant attitude

greets
                fragle

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mt:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and i'm still waiting for clips of your playing. you have to be REALLY good in order to justify your arrogant attitude

greets
                  fragle
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everybody has his/her right to voice themselves. If we'd always able to prove ourselves to be the same or better than the players we comment on, all the so call guitar "hero" will be sucking their toes at home.

SO if i comment that William Hung singing suck, do i have to record a clip of me singing to prove that?! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or do i have to record a clip of me playing to prove that i am better than http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=17;t=002934 ?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Fong

[ March 22, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Chameleonfong ]

Comment

Once again I mistaken JP for Judas Priest. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mt:

greets
                      fragle
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats so true,

You are setting yourself up to be shot right down if you dont come up with the goods, excuses or no excuses.

As for the video I would love to play that accurately and that quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:
                        Once again I mistaken JP for Judas Priest. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's pretty warming up. At least for me. Time to go to the shed.

Comment

Yeah my fingers are itching to shred and record.

But my KE3's been lagging to get here... Damn... I already missed a gig... I sure hope it doesn't get here when I'm having my finals...
                            [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ... It'd be such a struggle to resist playing...

But seriously... have you never seen vai, malmsteen, michael romeo, michael angelo, rusty cooley? If you did I wonder why you find this warm up so amazing... It isn't that difficult at all... If u can shred it's not particularly challenging to play.

edit: btw, I do have a clip up at the mp3 section... I've only got an acoustic right now so I can only play clean stuff like that, and I'm waiting for the KE3...

Comment

MT.... I challenge you bro.Post a clip of yourself playing. I will give you an honest critique.

Comment

Working...
                              X