JP warm up video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JP warm up video

Ok, challenge accepted... But at least wait until my electric guitar gets here?

seems like they're having stocking issues [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    And no I will not borrow my friends' strats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
      Dream Theater has some great melodies
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who doesn't? I suggest classical music for some real GREAT melodies

Comment

so what...I could do that 10 times better than that dude... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lev:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who doesn't? I suggest classical music for some real GREAT melodies </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what you're saying is irrelevant, what I said was in response to someone assuming he's a robot.

Comment

ok idiots its a warm up. It's not like he's putting much thought into it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              ok idiots
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                ok idiots its a warm up. It's not like he's putting much thought into it.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mt:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lev:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who doesn't? I suggest classical music for some real GREAT melodies </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what you're saying is irrelevant, what I said was in response to someone assuming he's a robot. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ok, it may be irrelevant under the context of your argument against a robotic JP, however, I was not speaking under that context.

But I acknowledge that it's irrelevant in your argument and perhaps I shouldn't have quoted you that directly.

Sure it's a warm up video, no thought into it. But wasn't it supposed to make some shit their pants? I already got tissue in preparation, however that was rather redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mt:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who doesn't? I suggest classical music for some real GREAT melodies </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what you're saying is irrelevant, what I said was in response to someone assuming he's a robot. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ok, it may be irrelevant under the context of your argument against a robotic JP, however, I was not speaking under that context.

But I acknowledge that it's irrelevant in your argument and perhaps I shouldn't have quoted you that directly.

Sure it's a warm up video, no thought into it. But wasn't it supposed to make some shit their pants? I already got tissue in preparation, however that was rather redundant.
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAAH!!!!

MT,
                    you are "SHIT" funny!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
                        have you never seen vai, malmsteen, michael romeo, michael angelo, rusty cooley?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">of course i know them. but TO ME JP is the better player. malmsteen is fast and very accurate, thats obvious, but i think his music is kinda...boring. his first two or three records were THE shit, but almost everything that came later is just a slightly modified repetition imo. malmsteen is just the same thing over and over and over and over at insane speeds. i respect vai for his chops and musicianship, but i don't like his songs at all. maybe they are too strange and weird for me...just not my cup of tea
                        and rusty has INSANE chops, but just like vai...i don't like his music. no offense against him, if thats the thing he wants to do, he should to it no matter what the others say.....and as long as i dont have to listen to it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

to come back to JP: jp's chops are more than just well, even though he is not as insanely fast as rusty for example. but he is an amazing musician (imo) and i really rarely listen to some music from him/dt and say "that simply doesnt fit right here". especially on earlier records JP managed to play for the song without giving up his choppy playing. the newer ones...well, i like them, sfam is one of my all time fav. albums, and so is ToT, but i agree that one may think he overplayed several times......to me it doesnt matter because i simply cant get enough of his playing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

another thing: i think my last post was a bit rude...sorry for that. but nevertheless, i'm VERY curious how your playing is like. and be sure that i will give you an honest critique, so dont expect me to bash your playing - as long as it doesnt suck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

greets
                        fragle

Comment

If it wasn't for Dream Theater, I probably wouldn't be a metal head. I probably wouldn't be a guitarist, and I probably wouldn't be a member of this board. For those of you who think DT is a joke, I'd really like to hear what you guys can do. Your music and playing better change my whole world, otherwise you can fuck off!

Comment

I don't understand how you can say JP has no composition skills, shows no emotion and plays no interesting melodies, yet you like Rusty Cooley. To me, he is the poster child for monotonous scale based runs, with zero melody. He is nothing but a machine to me. To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by mt:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well mt, your first noted post was a shot at Petrucci, so many may feel you just come into this with an anti-Petrucci bias, as in looking for a reason to diss the guy. You said at the end of that thread that it wasn't really your intent to diss him, but maybe that's not so?

Also, it may not be difficult for YOU, but remember not everyone is at the top of the playing foodchain, and if you dismiss the guy just because you're capable of it, then you're insulting a whole boatload of people for whom that playing is a challenge. It's hard enough to make it in music with lots of friends.
                              Musicians that trash their peers often find no one's interested in playing with them or hearing them, no matter how great their chops are. You are doing yourself no favor by having a chip on your shoulder that way. It's the kind of attitude that brought the shred era down the first time; "Oh, he's okay, but I'm 10 times better; I'll just fold my arms and smirk contemptuously now". No wonder people wanted grunge after years of that crap! Anything to escape the monstrous egos of the Shredosaurus Rex!

We live in a world where 80% of all people will be more impressed by Jimmy Page than Michael Angelo, and your arguments to the contrary, truthful though they may be, will make you look like a bitter little man to most music FANS, who after all pay the bills for pro musicians.

Many great players with bad attitudes are even now saying, "You want fries with that?" or "Diapers are in Aisle 10" because no one wanted to play with their superior asses. You're young enough to change your tune and maybe avoid that, but you do have the computer thing to fall back on.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

And Rich with the play-by-play again!

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                                Many great players with bad attitudes are even now saying, "You want fries with that?" or "Diapers are in Aisle 10" because no one wanted to play with their superior asses.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? Mustaine & Malmsteen don't work in fast food / discount retail??
                                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X