JP warm up video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JP warm up video

IMO, I don't really lik eDream Theater. But, John Pettrucci is very talented, both shredding and musically. (they are 2 different things) His solos are original..unlike the paganini rip off that people like Malmsteen constantly record. JP is the man in the virtuoso metal guitar scene, his originality and his song writing arranging (along with the entire dream theater band) are second to none.

Just saying, the guy deserves respect, regardless of whether you like him or not.

MT quit talkin shit. because, you can't back it up. Call us when you have the entire DT catalog memorized.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      And Rich with the play-by-play again!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lerxstcat:
      Many great players with bad attitudes are even now saying, "You want fries with that?" or "Diapers are in Aisle 10" because no one wanted to play with their superior asses.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? Mustaine & Malmsteen don't work in fast food / discount retail??
      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I said "many", NOT "all"! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Besides, who said FAST FOOD or DISCOUNT retail? That could be Barney's Beanery for the fries or Gelson's Market aisle 10!

Besides, mustaine was ex-Metallica and had a leg up, and Yngwie DID change everything when he came over here in 1983. No shredder, no matter how great, will ever again change the world of rock/metal lead guitar as much as Yngwie did.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:

We live in a world where 80% of all people will be more impressed by Jimmy Page

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because Jimmy Page kicked ass!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sure he did; that's my point, basically.

Say you have 2 pretty girls; one is perfect physically but has no charisma or personality, while the second is not as pretty, but she's SEXY! People will dig
          the sexy girl more than the mannequin.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            Sure he did; that's my point, basically.

Say you have 2 pretty girls; one is perfect physically but has no charisma or personality, while the second is not as pretty, but she's SEXY! People will dig
            the sexy girl more than the mannequin.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sometimes I wish I would have married the mannequin [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Then I wouldn't have to listen when I don't want to, or I should say pretend to listen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Just kidding...heheh

MT perhaps would be good for you to look at Randy Rhoads as a person and learn to be humble if you do possess those mad skills that you claim to be blessed with. Also note the people in which you are slamming have created, not just copied others [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Aw come on guys, we've been through this already. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Lerx, haven't we gone through this already?
              I was being sarcastic in my first post on this thread because fragle was practically shitting me from the "what's so good about JP". He told me to stick with 'nu-metal' and how it's impossible for me to play JP solos, and how I would die trying or something.

I am NOT bashing anyone here (except fragle a bit). It IS a warm up video. Warm ups AREN't supposed to be earth shattering or make anyone shit their pants... Wouldn't you agree? Quit the whining. Does my attitude/opinion hurt you in any way? If my honest, up front opinion hurts your feelings then I'm sorry, but to judge me like that is really unfair, you don't know shit about me.

Maybe you haven't read my last post addressed to you in my MP3 submission thread [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Also, I have absolutely 0 desire to depend on music as a living.

ADVICE: stop trying to analyze, judge, and tell me what to do, get on with your own life! Nobody really gives a shit what I should do except me! And I've certainly heard enough!

I don't give a SHIT what the hell other people think of my comments. As a person I seek truth, not who's right who's wrong. That doesn't matter to me

Fragle: Hey, it's all cool Fragle, I'm carelessly (sometimes intentionally...) rude myself often too. Though you did bash me up pretty personally in my thread. We just gotta keep it at a more subjective level huh? Less personal attacks?

Drip: oh I'll back it up, guys from fender/Jackson helped sort my order out, big thanks to them. Just fucking give the guitar time to arrive???

Shawn: I have a good friend who started playing about the same time I did, and in my opinion, he's more solid of a shredder than I am. But his playing is limited to shreddingwhile mine is expanded to include jazz, flamenco, classical, etc. And I know a bit more about scales and theory and improvisation. But he is definately more solid at shredding than I am last time I heard him. (he's a VERY solid shredder after 2 years of playing)

Here's the thing: he is EXTREMLY humble. I was expecting shitty stuff when he was sending me his recording, because he was so humble in his own opinions.

The thing is, it makes him seem like a total hypocrite. Sure he is a great guy, and not intentionally being hypocritical, just trying to be humble. But hey, if u can shred solid like JP and u tell me u suck shit ass then you're not being honest at all. At least you suck at being subjective.

I'm merely trying to be as subjective as I can.

btw, my good friend is going to berklee to study electric guitar, he already got accepted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And you know what? When I read comments from Yngwie, about other people, I KNOW that he is saying EXACTLY what he thinks. Absolutely no bullshit at all. When you ask a guy a question, do you want an answer that's as subjective as possible? or a humble lie? Personally I want subjective all the way. I HATE hypocrites. THEREFORE I try to be subjective in my comments. If you can't take it, just disregard ALL my posts, I wouldn't mind that AT ALL.

[ March 23, 2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: mt ]

Comment

so your friend is being TOO humble and overly downplaying your own abilities, rather than having the self-confidence to honestly say "yes, I can do that." I don't think that's hypocritical at all. Sounds like he's a perfectionist, and maybe is being overly critical of himself. As long as that attitude doesn't cause him to give away the instrument altogether out of frustration at not playing as well as he wishes to, then it may spur him on to take the instrument to another level. Plenty of people here downplay their abilities when in fact they are actually very very good, but they're comparing themselves to their heroes, not your average run-of-the-mill guitarist. If you're comparing yourself to Allan Holdsworth, Steve Vai, Rusty Cooley or whoever and haven't achieved that level yourself yet, then it's very easy to think that you still suck. Even if you have the ability to smoke your average bar band guitarist.

But that's all very different to saying that some other guitarist sucks because you fancy you can play that well yourself. Or rather, that you envision yourself playing that well in a couple of years (assuming that you can replace the guitar that's holding you back, the planets are in correct alignment, and there are no sudden changes in wind direction). THAT comes off as arrogant. It has nothing to do with honesty.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                  But, John Pettrucci is very talented, both shredding and musically. (they are 2 different things) His solos are original..unlike the paganini rip off that people like Malmsteen constantly record. JP is the man in the virtuoso metal guitar scene, his originality and his song writing arranging (along with the entire dream theater band) are second to none.

Just saying, the guy deserves respect, regardless of whether you like him or not.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hahahahahahaha [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hahaahahahaha [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

can't stop laughing hahahahha!!!

Other than him deserving some respect, the rest are just too much a joke to me..hahahaha

And the reason he deserves the respect is not because he is talented or original. But because he was able stick to his guns and keep progressive metal alive.

Fong still laughing at Drip's comments...talented..original..hahahahah [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man i am such an A$$hole!!hahahah [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  FOng

Comment

Forgotten to mention, I am neither fast, accurate, talented, nor original. THerefore, don't bother stick that up my a$$. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    FOng

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Rich, can I have your (female) sex mannequin? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

shit, i'd do anything to be able to play at that speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
                            I seek truth, not who's right who's wrong. That doesn't matter to me
                            [/QB]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That's contradictory, mt. You see, truth=right; with me so far? Good!

So you feel entitled to spew your obnoxious opinions ad infinitum, then tell everyone else to shut up in the same breath? What's more hypocritical than THAT? You should read your own posts as if someone else wrote them, trying to be more OBJECTIVE rather than SUBJECTIVE.

I think your friend will go further and be happier being humble. Nobody likes a blowhard.

I did read your post in the mp3 thread, and I thought you'd gotten the picture. If this was a continuation of the flak from your other post, maybe you should've left it there.

Humility is not hypocrisy. Intentional obnoxiousness in the guise if honesty, is. Having said that, ALL humans are hypocrites. The ones who deny it are usually the worst hypocrites.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The only thing that this thread has proved is

my balls itch.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can tell you thing. It's becoming boring, is A better than B? B's a bit faser than C, etc. Why don't you guys just go and play your guitars? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X