Best Metal CD of the New Millenium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Metal CD of the New Millenium?

This is impossible , I can't "a" favorite.

Nevermore would be amoung them..I suppose

So would Symbyosis "Crisis"

Darkane , Soilwork , COB , COF , Dimmu , I love Halford's Crucible ...Arch Enemy' wages of sin , The haunted , FUCKKKKKKKKK!!

and Gamma Ray's "New world order" and Eidolon and Grave Gigger "the Grave Digger" (best one they did)...Brainstorm!

The last Iced Earth blows [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ..when the eagle whines" is such a tear jerkin' masterpiece of shit ...sob sob...weep [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

There could be a favorite sitting here next to me right now that I didn't open yet ..Like This new Tad Morose!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Halford - Resurrection.....

Very solid album, hard riffs, good singing, good lyrical content.

Comment

Cult of Luna - The Beyond, this is the best "heavy" record that has come out since the beginning of 2000 for me.

The best "heavy metal" record would have to be between these 3:

Halford - Crucible
        Iron Maiden - Brave New World
        Slayer - God Hates Us All

Comment

Toss up between:

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
          Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll

Comment

Originally posted by shredder85:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerry From Ghana:
            maiden - dance of death
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">all right, i know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but, are you fucking kidding me? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] i haven't even listened to that album since i first bought it. i was not impressed at all w/ this album. maiden needs to get rid of janick gers and go back to good old murray/smith maiden! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] the stuff that janick helps right is total crap to me. but, like i said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">kevin,
            90% of janick gers' solos absolutely suck. However, knocking his songwriting skills is misguided, when compared to his fellow band members. Gers is responsible for the most old school maiden song in 13 years, Montsegur, and has had a hand in most of the strongest Maiden tracks on the last 2 records.

To me, the most boring and least inspired songwriter in today's Maiden is undoubtedly Steve Harris. The only song on DoD written exclusively by Harris is the most cliched and boring one on the record, namely No More Lies. He's been writing the same old 8-minute epic with the obligatory 3 minute clean-arpeggiated-power-chord-intro since Fear Of The Dark. As far as I'm concerned Fear Of The Dark is the last maiden classic penned by Harris.

Sorry guy, but Montsegur, Dance Of Death and Paschendale are as good as anything Maiden has done since Seventh Son. Bruce's vocal parts on Dance Of Death are absolutely incredible. The only two songs I skip on DoD are No More Lies (aka. Blood Brothers part 2, The Clansman part 3, entire X Factor part 4, Afraid To Shoot Strangers Part 5, No Prayer For The Dying part 6) and The Journeyman. I thought 50% of Brave New World was weak, Virtual XI was unlistenable, and X-Factor mediocre.

Comment

Gamma Ray - No World Order
              King Diamond - The Puppet Master
              Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera
              Widow - Midnight Strikes
              Twisted Tower Dire - Crest of the Martyrs
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

OK, completely digressing from everyone's melodic/black metal choices, I give you my favorite albums of the new millenium.

1. Cephalic Carnage - Lucid Interval

2. Incantation - Blasphemy

3. Krisiun - Works of Carnage

4. Disgorge(CA) - Consume the Forsaken

5. Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash

Comment

Nightwish - Century Child [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry From Ghana:
                    To me, the most boring and least inspired songwriter in today's Maiden is undoubtedly Steve Harris. The only song on DoD written exclusively by Harris is the most cliched and boring one on the record, namely No More Lies. He's been writing the same old 8-minute epic with the obligatory 3 minute clean-arpeggiated-power-chord-intro since Fear Of The Dark. As far as I'm concerned Fear Of The Dark is the last maiden classic penned by Harris.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you're right, but you're only comparing what he's recently written. the stuff he has written recently does suck monkey balls, but everything before FOtD is classic maiden. and steve wrote the majority of the songs. and that's a lot of songs. and i will admit, now, that janick is a good writer, but i still think it would be better to just let him go and have murray and smith be the main guys again, instead of having janick take adrian's solos and butchering them. but, that's just my opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Ace, nice to hear you mention Cephalic Carnage, did you ever hear the cover of Jesus Saves that they did on a Slayer tribute album, nice and HEAVY!

No one else for God Hates Us All? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's one for
                        Slayer - GHUA and
                        Halford - Crucible
                        and...
                        The Darkness!!
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Therion - Deggial
                          Sinergy - To Hell and Back............

Comment

Rust in Peace is the best metal cd(or cassette) ever...

Comment

Megadeth RIP? It came out in 1990, not 2000.

Good album tho
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

All Out War - For Those Who Were Crucified

Not a lot of solos or stunning guitar work but it's heavy as all get out.

Comment

Working...
                                X