Nile Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nile Sound

Does anyone here ever heard the album ''In Their Darkened Shrines''?

I think it's fucking heavy. How do they get such a fucking heavy guitarsound? I know they tune to Drop A and use invader pickups

I know karl uses a Dean Custom Flying V and Dallas a Gibson flying V and a Jackson RR.
    Live last year Karl played a triple Recto and Dallas a marshall( jcm 900 i think)

Is there anybody who could tell me more about the gear they use and tell me what you think of ''In Their Darkened Shrines'' [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Nile Sound

Nile fuckin rocks! They're my second favorite Death Metal band, right behind Morbid Angel. In Their Darkened Shrines is with out a doubt their best work, but their previous stuff is great too, so check it out.

As far as gear I only know what you mentioned. Karl also uses a fender strat, equipped with a custom single hum pickguard and a guitar synth system. Dallas also has a Dean or two, and occationally uses a B.C. Rich Warlock.

Comment

Great guitar players and also a sound engineer who knew how to get a heavy sound.
      Much of what you hear is made by the sound engineer. Good recording gear, double and triple tracking guitars, good ears while mixing are all important to achieve a good sound.

Sorry i know this probably doesn't help you much but i think it's a little difficult to try to achieve a sound which was produced in a professional recording studio.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I can't help you in gear department, but that album kicks serious ass. What got me into them is their obsession with ancient Egypt. I'm interested in it so I wanted to see how that goes with death metal. I must admit I was positively surprised. I have that CD and listen to it from time to time.
        I think it will be hard to get their sound at home, but maybe some amp modelers would be of help.

Comment

I'm not sure about the record, but I do know that Karl didn't have the custom V yet then. When I saw them last year Karl had a Dean VX (yeah, the cheapest one they make) with Invaders, scalloped neck, and a Roland synth into two DSL 100 stacks, and two of the cabs were really beat old greenback cabs. Dallas had a TC V w/Invaders into a JMP1/Marshall power amp stack. Outside of the horrible acoustics in the club, it sounded just like the record. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

death daily has right. one of them has the vx the second one has an us made dean.

btw Black seeds of vengeance owns in their darkened shrines [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

KNAC.COM: What kind of rig are you playing through?
              DALLAS: Right now I’m using the Marshall 9100 Dual Mono-bloc power amp, which is 100 watts per side. I’m also using Metal’s best kept secret which is a Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp. Actually, Devin Townsend told me when we were touring with Strapping Young Lad that he used to have the exact same set-up and really liked it.

Just found this intervieuw on the net.....i will check out the rockmaster Yeah

Comment

I really like Black Seeds Of Vengeance. The album has such an awesome feel to it (Best part is I got it for $5 used!)

As for seeing them live, I'm not too hot on their live sound. The problem is that everything is so low it sort of meshes together. I've seen them 3 times and the second time had the best sound, but the first and third times had terrible / muddy sound. Great band though and they always are interesting to see.

Comment

Dsl's and Invaders in mahogany guitars will get you pretty close, they tune to drop G sharp sometimes. Now that hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Juice:
                    Dsl's and Invaders in mahogany guitars will get you pretty close, they tune to drop G sharp sometimes. Now that hurts!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I think they just tune to drop-A. Did you hear any specific song that was tuned to drop-G#?

Nile is indeed a great band. I can understand how their live sound would suck, though. They tune so low. Very difficult to get guitars tuned that low to sound good with the rest of the band.

Comment

Well when they got meedly meedle and then go UDGE, that low note is a g sharp, my friend tunes his 7 to that sometimes, and when he hit that note, I was like whoa! Nile!

Comment

Working...
                      X