Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Maiden.. Not Dave Murray the other one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden.. Not Dave Murray the other one..

I can't remember his name! Anyway I was wondering if anyone might know what happened to his white Jackson Strat from the Wasted Years vid and the Stranger in a Strange Land vid. ya know the one with like a gazillion knobs and switches!

Re: Iron Maiden.. Not Dave Murray the other one..

...Adrian Smith, and I'm not sure what happened to it. Hopefully, he still has it. That's the one with a blade-type switch just behind the trem, along with all the switches, plus it's a strat head!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Adrian Smith... that's right! Damn i couldn't remember his name for the life of me. Thanks! Yeah that's the guitar.. I wonder what happened to it. That was one cool fricken guitar! Now that I know his name I think I'll post this question in the General Jackson/Charvel section. Since it does relate.

Comment

I think he used this guitar along with the white/black strat on the Bruce Dickinson tour. The guitar with all the knobs & switches was a MIDI equipped guitar.

Comment

Uh, why waste band width and post it in the General section? One post about it in this section is fine. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well I figured it might get better responses in the other section!

Comment

Nobody seems to give a shit about bandwidth when drooling over a newbie chick! I ask a serious question, and I catch some flack about it!

Comment

Nobody seems to give a shit about bandwidth when drooling over a newbie chick!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that why there's a 20-page reply for that "hello" thread? Well, I know where I'm going..C-ya! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Go get her bro! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He used that white strat and a matching black one on the seventh son tour...really cool pair of guitars...oh that is a girl, that new person..I wondered why the thread was that big, we're not that fuckin' friendly here. Friendly enough but usually about 10 responses for a guy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                      I ask a serious question, and I catch some flack about it!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's no need to be redundant and ask more than one time about something in different sections of the board. Have you learned nothing here yet? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Alright, I just sped-read thru all 10 pages, kinda of boring if ya ask me. Regarding Adrian Smith, here's a link to an old interview just before he and Bruce rejoined Maiden, if memory serves in 1999. He makes reference to a Jackson strat but can't tell if it's THE Jackson strat in question.
                        Sadly, after rejoining Maiden, The only strat I see him with is a Fender, though I do see him with the occassional LP during the set.

What about the guitars?
                        I play mainly a Jackson King V right now. I've kind of revamped my relationship with Jackson. They're great guitars. I still play my old Les Paul and I've got a really nice Strat.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.geocities.com/rocknotes/smith0499.html

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
                          http://www.geocities.com/rocknotes/smith0499.html
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Three part harmonies, you say, Adrian? I haven't found ANY except for on the song "Brave New World" right after the solos! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] More, I say, MORE!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not the Jackson originally questioned, but here is a nice shot of a classic one....

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.p...0&subsection=0

click on the one with the Jackson and enlarge it.

>>oh well, looks like it doesnt directly take you to the page with the image.

Comment

Working...
                            X