Going to see Converge tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to see Converge tonight...

...weather permitting ( we're getting some snow right now).

I've been a huge fan for several years. They're opening for Mastadon. Mastadon is allright, but if I were them, I'd rather go on first 'cuz Converge will kill them.

Any other fans?

Big time fan. Seeing the show on the 19th here. I'm gettin old though, don't know if I can still handle the chaos that goes along with a Converge show. Plus, they just added Slayer as a guest headliner. Should be interesting.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Yeah, I must be getting old, too. I find myself standing further and further back at shows!

Slayer and Converge on the same stage. I may have to tap into my vacation time already! It would only be about a 6.5 hour drive.

Comment

Converge is nasty, Kurt Ballow is an awesome guitarist with killer guitar tone...i didnt think there were any other converge fans on the board!

Comment

Funny thing about Ballou, he endorses First Act guitars (yeah, the WalMart brand!) I checked out the FA site and they actually make some pretty decent stuff for celeb players. They make the guitars that Slash and Nigel play in those Volkswagon commercials. Apparently, they manufacture alot of guitars for other companies, too.

Ballou has an awesome recording studio in Massachusetts:

http://members.aol.com/godcity/

Comment

from what i've seen lately he's been using that and a warmoth jazzmaster style guitar with a single EMG....he's always had interesting equipment as that he is one of maybe 3 or 4 guitarists i can think of that has used a rickenbacker guitar in a hardcore band

Comment

Working...
            X