Killswitch Engage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killswitch Engage

Killswitch Engage is an endorser of the Mesa Stiletto. Has anybody seen them live to confirm if they actually use them?
    On their latest CD the guitar tone sounds alot like Diezel and Ubershall to me.

They definitely use Mesa's, but when I saw em they had their amps turned around backwards so you couldn't see the front, and I wasn't close enough to be able to tell exactly what model...

Comment

Also, I'm not sure what amps were used on the newest album, but The End of Heartache was as follows:

-4 total guitar tracks
      -2 tracks of a modded Peavey 5150 (crunch channel) + VHT 4x12 cab
      -2 tracks of a Framus Dragon + Mesa Recto 4x12

Maxon OD808 was used as a boost on both rigs.

Comment

Did some research, new album is SLO, Framus Cobra, Triple Rec and an ENGL Powerball, not sure how it's all divided up or how it was done, but that's what they used apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
          Did some research, new album is SLO, Framus Cobra, Triple Rec and an ENGL Powerball, not sure how it's all divided up or how it was done, but that's what they used apparently.

The new album has fantastic guitar tone. Especially the song The Curse.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            The new album has fantastic guitar tone. Especially the song The Curse.
            +1 it sure does, I'm digging this latest CD.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Does it really matter what amp they use? You don't need anything more expensive than a Pod for that generic buzzing high gain compressed "tone".

Their music, however, is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                Does it really matter what amp they use? You don't need anything more expensive than a Pod for that generic buzzing high gain compressed "tone".

I was asking the question. Yea.. it matters to me. Why?? Is that ok with you??

Their guitar tone outstanding.. and yes.. you will need more than a Pod to get it.

Sometimes.. this place really bugs me.

Comment

Killswitch's tone is SAVAGE, I really dig their sound. When I saw them live they had their amps tucked away in the back, didn't even have their cabinets where you could see them. Their sound was so good I think they probably were just playing through mic'd half stacks and let the soundman fill in the rest.

But I've heard a lot of rumors saying they are using Dual Rectifier Roadsters with OD808s lately.

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post

Yeah, I agree with John, I wouldn't call their tone "compressed buzz" by any means. They have fantastic guitar sound, both live and recorded.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Yeah, I agree with John, I wouldn't call their tone "compressed buzz" by any means. They have fantastic guitar sound, both live and recorded.

+million.

I have to say, Killswitch's tone is the first guitar tone that has ever caught my attention. Eddie, Zakk and everyone else was more about technique, never about their tone (brown sound sounds like arse to me). Listen to when Killswitch let chords ring out...nothing, but nothing has, or ever has, sounded this good.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                        Eddie, Zakk and everyone else was more about technique, never about their tone (brown sound sounds like arse to me).
                        sorry but this is not true at all
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          sorry but this is not true at all

What isn't true? My opinion? Well it's true to me pal...

As far as I'm concerned VH's sound is just hyped up bollocks and ZW's is a baggy mush.

Guitar tone has been taken to a higher level since KSE.

Comment

they were "never about their tone" is not true

also EVH is directly responsible that the modern hi-gain sound even exists

it's ok if you don't like it but dude, don't BS here just because you perfer something else,

most of the dudes here would take the brown tone over any modern stuff, different tones for different music
                            Last edited by Endrik; 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm not one of those EVH freaks (God bless em) but...Ed wasnt about the tone? Dude...He may very well may have been the first tone snob! haha

I remember thinking "eruption" sounded like a violin or something...It was so smooth...Ground breaking...Ed fuck up and fucked with a ton of shit to get that tone and like it or not...There was nothing else like it...

Zakk always said he didn't do anything special to get "His tone" but his tone unmistakable and works perfectly for his music...Except that last Ozzy album...Not his fault though.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                              X