New Megadeth tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it (it has potential).
    I Dave was pretty flat vocally. I imagine the studio version will be much better.
    What is this new Metallica song you speak off. I'ld like to hear it, so I can once again say, nope you guys failed to catch that early Metallica Vibe you tried for on St. Anger.

Risk was Marty's last album. The World Needs a Hero was Al.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
      System was his best stuff since RIP and this seems to be a continuation of that.
      Eh, I'm not crazy about The System Has failed, but I love Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero. I do like this new song, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed about this song, it's good yeah but it kinda misses something..and yes, the beginning does sound like wasted years.

Comment

it misses marty friedman like the tune enough to be curious about the whole record... but IMO marty friedman's elixir song sounds heavier and more megadeth to me than what dave has done in years

Comment

great music, awful vocal performance.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Very Maiden-ish, but I like!
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I liked it. The riffs were good and I always enjoy Drover's playing.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I thought it was terrible. bad vocals from Dave like people have said. it sounded like he couldn't decide whether he wanted to sing the song or not. a totally phoned-in performance.

I also can't get too excited about the music either, it's uninspiring. and they looked lifeless on stage. Glen Drover, technically good as he is, cannot hold Marty's jockstrap in the tone and style departments.

to me it just lacks. this new band just IS NOT Megadeth. I'm done with Dave and all his bullshit, new hired band members, new ugly ESP and now Dean guitars. whatever.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I thought is was pretty bad. Sounds like a formula type song, and the guitarist they had after marty was way better. Why does dave keep firing people? How the hell is that a way to front a band?

Comment

Bullshit.

A few years ago Mustaine was all about Bush and the war. In fact, I was at a Megadeth show the night Bush was re-elected, and Mustaine announced the results to us and kept going on about how great it was that Bush was staying in office. And now look at him. He's going to release a whole fucking album ripping on the war and the administration, etc. He's such an ass clown.

And I think that song blows.
                      Last edited by Argos; 02-14-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Liking the president and being for the war doesn't make for a very good metal album tho does it? LMAO

Here's the recent thread on Metallica... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ight=metallica
                        |My CSG gallery|
                        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Dave seems to have a little more energy on this one, let's face it....he's always been an uninspiring vocalist, but who listens to Megadeth for the vocals? I'm sure I'm not the only one here who picked up a Jackson because of him........Stay the course Dave!!!!!!!!
                          (which is more than I can say for James, Kirk and Lars )
                          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

I do like Megadeth vocals

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
                              he's always been an uninspiring vocalist, but who listens to Megadeth for the vocals?
                              his voice is too whiney, but it is endurable.
                              "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                              Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                              Dimebag Darrell
                              Chuck Schuldiner
                              Cliff Burton

Comment

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X