Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
    I do like Megadeth vocals
    As do I, but by and large they're generally not as much of a draw for fans as the axe work is.......some people just can't get past Daves voice is all I'm sayin'...........
    I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Wasn't Al Pitrelli (sp?) in there after Marty left? I had the same Iron Maiden vision when I first heard it too....

Pretty cool, though; WAY better than that Metallica tune...

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
        Bullshit.

A few years ago Mustaine was all about Bush and the war. In fact, I was at a Megadeth show the night Bush was re-elected, and Mustaine announced the results to us and kept going on about how great it was that Bush was staying in office. And now look at him. He's going to release a whole fucking album ripping on the war and the administration, etc.
        Sounds like someone needs to read the lyrics that have been released again.............
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
          Liking the president and being for the war doesn't make for a very good metal album tho does it? LMAO

Here's the recent thread on Metallica... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ight=metallica
          Mixing Politics and music is never a good idea in my opinion. Looking at recent elections, the country is pretty evenly divided. If you really want to piss off close to half the people by bitching one side or the other, go for it.

Originally posted by Argos View Post
          Bullshit.

A few years ago Mustaine was all about Bush and the war. In fact, I was at a Megadeth show the night Bush was re-elected, and Mustaine announced the results to us and kept going on about how great it was that Bush was staying in office. And now look at him. He's going to release a whole fucking album ripping on the war and the administration, etc. He's such an ass clown.

And I think that song blows.
          That's only because Bush's approval ratings were in the 70's then and now they are under 40 he is on the other side. Way to take a stance Mustaine....

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            It would sound better if he used Jacksons
            That and if left the vocal duties to somebody else. He always sounded like a whiny, prepubescent 12 year-old girl in training bras to me. And nothing's changed I guess.
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
              Sounds like someone needs to read the lyrics that have been released again.............
              +1

Seems to me the song is a pretty general statement about the "system" in general. Something Dave has always been pissed off about.

I was at the show in Denver when Bush was reelected. I think Dave's sentiment was more anti-democrat than pro Bush (IMHO/IIRC). 3/4 of the crowd was pretty pissed after he said that shit. Being happy that communists aren't being elected to office is a far cry from being pro-Bush. I bet Dave would agree that all politicians suck.

Comment

well, I know a lot of people that voted for bush and HATE his guts now..

and there is nothing wrong with that..

Politics and Music is what Megadeth has always been.....
                thats what makes dave so different. He is a intelligent songwriter.

and the song Gears of war is awesome, I also have a studio clip from the making of United Abominations, and Glens solo work is fantastic

To the naysayers.... I say.... NI!!!!
                now go away or aye shall taughnt you a second time1
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

So I am supposed to be educated on the way things are and the way things are supposed to be from someone who blew his fortune on cocaine, is strung out on drugs, an egomaniac and someone who has never held a job who gets on the Arsenio Hall show talking about how bad things are for him because he is actually out there in the real world.

I think I will pass on that lesson.

Comment

Well I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                      So I am supposed to be educated on the way things are and the way things are supposed to be from someone who blew his fortune on cocaine, is strung out on drugs, an egomaniac and someone who has never held a job who gets on the Arsenio Hall show talking about how bad things are for him because he is actually out there in the real world.

No. I think you're supposed to just be entertained.

Comment

Very uninspired performance, just droned along...

I didn't think the song was that bad, but the lack of enthusiasm really brought it down to sub-par levels.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post

Well, to be fair to Dave, a good bit of your description of him applies to the man he is talking about in his song
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yea, I used to get tickled at the kids at Megadeth.com asking Dave to be their mentor! LMFAO
                            "POOP"

Comment

The other guitarist needs to lose the leather attire or join Weight Watchers.
                              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                                The other guitarist needs to lose the leather attire or join Weight Watchers.

Dave probably isn't paying him enough for more clothes, but is letting him eat at the buffet that Dave demands at each venue. LOL I shouldn't say anything as I suprassed his size a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X