wtf guitar is this? van halen '81

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf guitar is this? van halen '81

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

unchained live....wier guitar tho...never seen van halen with it before....is it another charvie or a transition frankie?

another picture here: http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm

I couldn't tell you what it is though
    Hail yesterday

Comment

According to that site it's the "Unchained Guitar"... I remember seeing this video and the ones for "Hear About It Later" and "So This Is Love", they must have that whole concert on tape somewhere. I'd like to see that cleaned up and available for sale...

That guitar I always assumed was a frankenstein. Not THE frankenstein, but another guitar that Ed has modified. Love the stripes and circles though...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Ed fucks up at the start of that one. He goes to play the verse 1 bar too soon. Killer tone on that vid though. I would love to see that cleaned up as well.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

He's got quite the guitar collection!
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I think I saw the same paint job on a Wayne...very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
              I think I saw the same paint job on a Wayne...very cool.
              This one.

Comment

Unchained guitar.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I believe that guitar is for sale on wayneguitars website...

Comment

1980 Ed had an extra think mahagony body made so it would cut the thiness of the Floyds he was using. It is seen on the floor of the famous "Guitar Shot ) where he is holding a pick axe. That Guitar was Painted Black and white, but not with circles. He also had another one (Rasta)....All Single hum with a Strat Output Jack...Rear Routed. So 3 rear routed 1 hums with Strat Jack.

Comment

The Unchained Guitar. you can see it about 4 lines down, in this link:

I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm not sure but I think it may be the Unchained Guitar!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          another picture here: http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm

I couldn't tell you what it is though
                          Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                          The Unchained Guitar. you can see it about 4 lines down, in this link:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm
                          good call!

All my research points to this being "The Unchained Guitar"
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
                            I believe that guitar is for sale on wayneguitars website...
                            Yep - it is..

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                              Ed fucks up at the start of that one. He goes to play the verse 1 bar too soon.
                              I noticed that too. At first, I thought Dave forgot to come in, but upon second listen I realized that Ed screwed it up.

Oh well, it was hardly a train wreck. Kind of a cool variation.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X