Reb Beach Cuts It Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reb Beach Cuts It Loose

I was just in the mood to feel sick to my stomach. Reb is too good for words.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Hail yesterday

like Allan Holdsworth he sounds like a horns player wich is very cool IMO
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I love REb Beach.
      The DVD he did with Dokken is sick!
      His playing in Whitesnake is damn impressive as well, even if he has to play second fiddle to Doug Aldrich.
      Hey Nonny Nonny Milord!
      http://www.monsterjoe.be

Comment

Yeah that's some kick ass playing there..
        I really really love this one though.. "Black Magic":
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Black Magic is his best. I have his instructional DVD and he plays that song on there so you can see it.

I could figure it out note for note off the DVD if I spent the time - its that clear on the DVD. Great tune and one of my all time favorite guitar instrumentals.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Veeery very nice. How fluid and effortless sounding!
            - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
              Black Magic is his best. I have his instructional DVD and he plays that song on there so you can see it.

I could figure it out note for note off the DVD if I spent the time - its that clear on the DVD. Great tune and one of my all time favorite guitar instrumentals.
              Instructional DVD, eh? What's it called? Any other good stuff on it?

Comment

It's called 'Cutting loose' - it's pretty good from what I recall...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

he is great but damn that's an ugly guitar.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

the intro song to the video and the ending performance of black magic are awesome. on the video, he also shows you how to do the fluid, ascending tapping runs he does in 17. Beach is great

Comment

I've always liked Reb Beach but here lately I've been getting into his playing more. He is a outstanding player. In the Whitesnake DVD his playing is downplayed in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by metaljunkie View Post
                        I've always liked Reb Beach but here lately I've been getting into his playing more. He is a outstanding player. In the Whitesnake DVD his playing is downplayed in my opinion.
                        I agree, if he wanted to I think that he could play circles around Doug. I thing that Dougs style is more in line with the John Sykes school which appealed to Coverdale......
                        Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I don't know about playing circles around Doug. Doug is no slouch by any means. And probably fits Whitesnake's style better.
                          Hey Nonny Nonny Milord!
                          http://www.monsterjoe.be

Comment

its amazing that Reb is second fiddle in Whitesnake...although doug alridge is amazing..check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOGwUkkVAk

Comment

I love 'em both, both are great session players, both are absolutely monster rhythm players, Reb is all around great guitarist, very versatile and seriously awsome jazz fusion player, he is one of the best tappers and has a huge bag of tricks (whammy, harmonics etc.) Doug has a great blues rock feel and is a great slide player, his picking hand is amazing and can make the notes really sing.

That being said Doug's tone just kills

btw. they also have become one of the best friends wich is really cool instead of competeing with each other.
                              Last edited by Endrik; 02-26-2007, 03:58 PM.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X