X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Jeff Waters project

"From the Annihilator Official Forum:

ANNIHILATOR NEWS: 02/19/07 -

Annihilator is considered by many to be the perfect example of an intelligent, sweaty, ever surprising metal act, having released a number of classics à la Alice In Hell, Never, Neverland, King Of The Kill, Carnival Diablos, Schizo Deluxe and others over the years. In April 2007, after a full year of writing and production, Annihilator will release Metal.

Metal's ten new tracks were recorded by Jeff Waters (guitar, bass and lead vocals on one song), drum legend Mike Mangini and Dave Padden (long-time vocalist and touring guitarist/vocalist). Metal also features sensational performances by some of metal's finest players and Annihilator's good friends, like Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom), Danko Jones (Danko Jones), Michael Amott and Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy), Corey Beaulieu (Trivium), William Adler (Lamb Of God), Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Jesper Strømblad (In Flames), Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil), Anders Bjørler (The Haunted), Mike Mangini (Steve Vai, Extreme, Annihilator), Jacob Lynam (Lynam) and more.

In view of these impressive omens, one should tend to believe Waters when he states: "Metal is going to be known as one of the coolest guitar albums out there but this is also one of the best-written records in my career; something that you can never achieve if you try… it just happens!"

Jeff Waters on the straightforward and unambiguous album title, Metal: "The new album reminds me of the first four Annihilator records. It's then tempting to think that I'm looking back artistically, when the opposite happens to be the case. But it's a fact that I composed the new material the same way I went about the early Annihilator tracks. This record combines many of the diverse styles you will find in metal music done our way. Annihilator Metal"

April will see Annihilator embark on a major European tour as Trivium's very special guests, playing over 40 shows into June in countries such as Germany, England, Belgium, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Italy and France and then summer festival shows to follow.

Metal will be released April 11 in Japan (King Records), April 12 in Australia/New Zealand (World Riot Distributors), April 13 in Germany (SPV Records) and on April 16 in the rest of Europe (SPV Records).

TRACK LISTING:

01. Clown Parade – feat. Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
    02. Couple Suicide – feat. Danko Jones (Danko Jones) & Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
    03. Army Of One – feat. Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil)
    04. Downright Dominate – feat. Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom)
    05. Smothered – feat. Anders Bjørler (The Haunted)
    06. Operation Annihilation – feat. Michael Amott (Arch Enemy)
    07. Haunted – feat. Jesper Strømblad (In Flames)
    08. Kicked – feat. Corey Beaulieu (Trivium)
    09 . Detonation – feat. Jacob Lynam (Lynam)
    10. Chasing The High – feat. William Adler (Lamb Of God)"

Sounds pretty frikkin awesome to me!
    Hail yesterday

so Waters and Loomis kissed and made up?

I'm only interested about the drumming on this one
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I've never liked much of waters songwriting, but this sounds pretty interesting with the collaborations. Worth a listen for sure.

Comment

I have always liked his riffs, his tone and production but, the lyrics and vocals always made me wince. If he had the right collaboration with a vocalist/song writer...he could be...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Very cool G..I hope Jeff Waters tweaked his tone a bit..it has been a bit fuzzy on the last few cds. But I always loved Annihilator..I have all their releases includining the couple of the lame ones Jeff put out "refresh the Demon"..but "King of the Kill" is still one of my faves..besides the first few of course.!!

Neil Turbin (sp) is producing my bud's cd with "Dark Arena" and "Godlike Status"..pretty cool stuff check him out on Myspace..

Brother E would prolly like "King of the Kill"!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
            I have always liked his riffs, his tone and production but, the lyrics and vocals always made me wince. If he had the right collaboration with a vocalist/song writer...he could be...
            +1

Great guitar player who hasn't left anything behind worth listening to. (Except maybe that Knight Jumps Queen song... :ROTF: )
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

This is awesome news.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

seriously Jeff and Jeff had some spice between them last year as I remember from Metal Sludge and blabbermouth I guess they worked things out
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
                  +1

Great guitar player who hasn't left anything behind worth listening to. (Except maybe that Knight Jumps Queen song... :ROTF: )

Exactly....past Wicked Mystic and Word Salad there wasn't much there to me. I remember when jeff was shopping his demos around, there was such a huge buzz. It always seemed like he wasted a lot of it with lousy bandmember selection and management, trying to do things himself he should have left to others, etc. Annihilator has had kindof a spinal tap career, a bit of a waste.

Comment

Those first two Annihilator albums are probably some of my favorite metal albums. Especially "Never Never Land". Such a development from the first album, they sounded like seasoned veterans! Very classy.
                    Would have been interesting to see how the band would have developed had they kept Coburn Pharr. I always thought he had a certain Maiden vibe in his singing. Sounded so good in the studio! The live shows with Pharr were so-and-so tho.. He's the kind of guy who runs around and jumps, but refuse to headbang, even when he nods his head and really want to! Kinda fun watching Needless to say, Jeff is one of my favorite shredders.. haven't heard much of the newer stuff. But those first two albums.. Excellent stuff! Oh, Canada...
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                    X