Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you G3...Paul Gilbert fans....enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different tastes are what make the world go 'round. Becker, Paul, and ML Firkins are my favorite Shrapnel guys. I'd rather listen to those three than Vai or Satch.

Comment

Originally posted by gitfiddler View Post
      Different tastes are what make the world go 'round. Becker, Paul, and ML Firkins are my favorite Shrapnel guys. I'd rather listen to those three than Vai or Satch.
      Shrapnel doods eh? My favorites (at the moment anyway) would have to be Shawn Lane and Tony Macalpine.
      Lane is Lane, 'nuff said.
      T-Mac, I concider him kind of like a modern day composer.
      I'm convinced if you gave Beethoven or Paganini etc. an electric guitar, you'd get Macalpine! Not just the Shrapnel stuff but if you listen to the stuff he's done in Planet X.. Well it goes to show can improvise too! And he's a brilliant keyboard/piano player too, as was Lane! I think it's sad most kids nowadays know T-mac as "that guy playing with Vai live." He deserves better than that.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by gitfiddler View Post

Sometimes I have a hard time with Vai, but Satch is the king of the instumental guitar song IMO.

Comment

Gilbert RAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
            Shrapnel doods eh? My favorites (at the moment anyway) would have to be Shawn Lane and Tony Macalpine.
            Lane is Lane, 'nuff said.
            T-Mac, I concider him kind of like a modern day composer.
            I'm convinced if you gave Beethoven or Paganini etc. an electric guitar, you'd get Macalpine! Not just the Shrapnel stuff but if you listen to the stuff he's done in Planet X.. Well it goes to show can improvise too! And he's a brilliant keyboard/piano player too, as was Lane! I think it's sad most kids nowadays know T-mac as "that guy playing with Vai live." He deserves better than that.

I'm on a huge shawn lane kick right now!

Comment

I never really heard any of Shawn's stuff, till recently. And while I thought he was a good guitarist, I really would've liked to have heard him play without all that damned delay he used, saturating my ears.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

"I'm convinced if you gave Beethoven or Paganini etc. an electric guitar, you'd get Macalpine!"

Actually, if you listen into it he is more of a Chopin thing, both musically and mood.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                  Sometimes I have a hard time with Vai, but Satch is the king of the instumental guitar song IMO.
                  I've always preferred Vai, Satch has never really done anything for me. I appreciate all he can do, but the music just doesn't move me.

Andy Timmons' new instrumental album, however......
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I liked Kotzen and Howe the most out of all the Sharpnell guys, instead of neo-classical shredding they were groovy, funky and more into blues and jazz.
                    Last edited by Endrik; 02-27-2007, 02:26 AM.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      I never really heard any of Shawn's stuff, till recently. And while I thought he was a good guitarist, I really would've liked to have heard him play without all that damned delay he used, saturating my ears.
                      i agree with you on the delay. He was definitely a freak of nature

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        I've always preferred Vai, Satch has never really done anything for me. I appreciate all he can do, but the music just doesn't move me.

Andy Timmons' new instrumental album, however......
                        Timmons is very capable as well

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          I liked Kotzen and Howe out of all the Sharpnell guys, instead of neo-classical shredding they were groovy, funky and more into blues and jazz.

I forgot about Kotzen. He's a great player. They are all, really. Some of the Shrapnel stuff was a bit mechanical, but I'd still rather listen to those guys than Michael Angelo or Rusty Cooley. My hat's off to those guys for the speed factor, but it gets old pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
                            "I'm convinced if you gave Beethoven or Paganini etc. an electric guitar, you'd get Macalpine!"

Actually, if you listen into it he is more of a Chopin thing, both musically and mood.
                            You're right, I'm not to good with the names of classical composers, but that's the name I was looking for
                            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

In case you were not aware Bruce Bouillet is joining Paul's band
                              for G3

Coming nowhere near ME however:ROTF:

Just found the recordings of what Bruce was doing back in the
                              90's (mostly being ignored by his recording company) mp3 here:

really worth a listen.

Son Of Spy
                              1976 Gibson Mk53
                              1988 Charvel Model 3
                              1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                +1, here.
                                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                                X