Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you G3...Paul Gilbert fans....enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonofspy View Post
    In case you were not aware Bruce Bouillet is joining Paul's band
    for G3

Coming nowhere near ME however:ROTF:

Just found the recordings of what Bruce was doing back in the
    90's (mostly being ignored by his recording company) mp3 here:

really worth a listen.

Son Of Spy
    Bruce has recorded his own all instrumental solo CD that will be available any day now.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      I've always preferred Vai, Satch has never really done anything for me. I appreciate all he can do, but the music just doesn't move me.

Really? Go get "The Extremist" and give it a listen. There's got to be something on that CD that will move you.

Comment

I've never really understood how some can love Vai but totally dis Satch..
        Maybe I'm partial because I discovered Satch before Vai? Nah, that ain't it.. See I bought one of Satch's albums first (Crystal Planet perhaps?) and I loved it. Then I bought Vai's Passion and Warfare, that made me think Vai was an alien. Totally mindblowing! Then I checked out Satriani's The Extremist, and guess what? I still think the title track is one of the coolest, most bad-ass songs I've ever heard.
        I don't compare Vai to Satch, just as I don't compare Zappa to Hendrix..
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
          Really? Go get "The Extremist" and give it a listen. There's got to be something on that CD that will move you.
          I don't own that one, but I've heard much of it. I have a couple of earlier Satch albums, a couple of G3 vids, Satch's live in San Fran dvd. I can enjoy listening to him, when I'm in the mood. But if all of that disappeared out of my collection, I don't think I'd bother replacing any of it (although I might replace G3 Denver, YJM goes off!)

Have you heard Andy Timmons' Resolution? When I first bought it, I remember posting something on the JCF to the effect that if Satch made instrumental albums like this, I'd buy every one of them. Resolution gets constant & repeated play here, whereas a Satch album might get one listen and then put away again for another couple of years. Usually, if I put any Satch on at all, it will be to hear a particular song, not to listen to a whole album
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
            I've never really understood how some can love Vai but totally dis Satch..
            I can. They have distinctive and entirely different styles. To say that if you love one, you should also like the other is akin to assuming that because I like barbecue sauce, I must also love tomato sauce.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I can. They have distinctive and entirely different styles. To say that if you love one, you should also like the other is akin to assuming that because I like barbecue sauce, I must also love tomato sauce.
              Yeah, you're right, that's part of what I was trying to say. What I meant was people comparing Vai to Satch.
              You know those kids who go "Vai is so much better at shred than Satch" etc. They just don't get it. Of course you can dislike Satch, but don't compare him to Vai. I don't know why people do that just because they play live together at times.
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                I really would've liked to have heard him play without all that damned delay he used, saturating my ears.
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yeah I know not a good example but no one can pull that stuff off but Shawn. That lick is just rediculous and on acoustic at that.

Comment

i found a track off Bruce bouillet's new album on the racer x forum. It was "different". It definitely wasn't PG style

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                    I've never really understood how some can love Vai but totally dis Satch
                    I've never understand why all those noobs are AWLAYS listing Vai and Satch together in their fav. players list....

Anyway I love Vai because he is a freak
                    But Satch is too predictable IMHO wich is not a bad thing but I don't really listen to much instrumental guitarists these days but when I do I want to hear something unexpected. Actually my fav. Satch records are Engines Of Creation wich is a cool electro album and his self titeled one wich sounds simple and primitive in a cool way and all the instruments sound alive and I really love how Manu Katche creates a cool vibe with his drums.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Agreed. While I can appreciate Satch's playing ability, I just don't really dig his style. Another is Clapton. I know alot of people dig him, but he bores me to death.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I think alot of what Paul does is very tongue in cheek, I think he likes to make fun of the whole genre, while few people get the joke.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I've got tickets (the wife is actually going to go with me) for Atlanta, 3/28. A couple things:

1. If Bruce is going to be playing w/ Paul, I better hear some "Scarified"

2. I assume Paul will be playing a lot of stuff from Get Out Of My Yard, since it's his first instrumental CD and newest release.

3. What should I listen to prep for Petrucci. I only have his DT stuff. I'm assuming stuff from Suspended Animation (his only solo CD as far as I know) and maybe the album he did with Rudess?

Thanks.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                          X